Who is Gregory Corso
Gregory CorsoBornGregory Nunzio Corso
(1930-03-26)March 26, 1930
New York City, New YorkDiedJanuary 17, 2001(2001-01-17) (aged 70)
Minnesota, U.S.OccupationPoet, writerLiterary movementBeat, postmodernism Gregory Nunzio Corso (March 26, 1930 – January 17, 2001) was an Ameri...
Read Full Biography
Gregory Corso Poems
- The American Way
I am a great American
I am almost nationalistic about it!
I love America like a madness! ...
- Birthplace Revisited
I stand in the dark light in the dark
and look up at my window, I was
born there. ...
What simple profundities
What profound simplicities
To sit down among the trees
and breathe with them ...
- To A Downfallen Rose
When I laid aside the verses of Mimnermus,
I lived a life of canned heat and raw hands,
alone, not far from my body did I wander,
walked with a hope of a sudden dreamy forest of gold. ...
- Last Night I Drove A Car
Last night I drove a car
not knowing how to drive
not owning a car
I drove and knocked down ...
Top 10 most used topics by Gregory CorsoLife 11 God 10 I Love You 9 Love 9 Sad 9 Death 9 Time 9 Never 8 Night 8 World 7
Gregory Corso Quotes
Comments about Gregory Corso
- Eccegordo: sea chanty by gregory corso
- Thebeathandbook: remembering beat poet, gregory corso.
- Ginsbergpoem: twenty years ago on this day - the passing of a legend - gregory corso - plenty of corso on the allen ginsberg project. here's a reading he gave at naropa in 1975 with the equally legendary william burroughs -
- Maccocktail: "i learned life were no dream i learned truth deceived man is not god life is a century death an instant" ― gregory corso (died this day, january 17, 2001)'
- Maccocktail: "standing on a street corner waiting for no one is power." ― gregory corso (died this day, january 17, 2001)