Who is Gregory Corso
Gregory CorsoBornGregory Nunzio Corso
(1930-03-26)March 26, 1930
New York City, New YorkDiedJanuary 17, 2001(2001-01-17) (aged 70)
Minnesota, U.S.OccupationPoet, writerLiterary movementBeat, postmodernism Gregory Nunzio Corso (March 26, 1930 – January 17, 2001) was an Ameri...
Read Full Biography
Gregory Corso Poems
- The American Way
I am a great American
I am almost nationalistic about it!
I love America like a madness! ...
- Birthplace Revisited
I stand in the dark light in the dark
and look up at my window, I was
born there. ...
What simple profundities
What profound simplicities
To sit down among the trees
and breathe with them ...
- To A Downfallen Rose
When I laid aside the verses of Mimnermus,
I lived a life of canned heat and raw hands,
alone, not far from my body did I wander,
walked with a hope of a sudden dreamy forest of gold. ...
- Last Night I Drove A Car
Last night I drove a car
not knowing how to drive
not owning a car
I drove and knocked down ...
Top 10 most used topics by Gregory CorsoLife 11 God 10 I Love You 9 Love 9 Sad 9 Death 9 Time 9 Never 8 Night 8 World 7
Gregory Corso Quotes
Comments about Gregory Corso
- Stormpoetry: (lawrence ferlinghetti, diane di prima, jack kerouac, allen ginsberg, edgar rice burroughs, gregory corso, gary snyder, ted jones, herbert huncke, lucien carr, neal cassady . . .) deadline: open
- Poetphilly: the american poet goats: 1) emily dickinson 2) walt whitman 3) lucille clifton 4) lawrence ferlinghetti 5) charles bukowski … 100) gregory corso
- Bernardmeisler: check out this new "bookstore poem" from the great ron kolm, about his run-in with beat poet legend gregory corso!
- Acevedogaleana: gregory corso.
- Rusdaboss: wonderful essay by raymond foye