Who is Gloria SteinemGloria Marie Steinem (; born March 25, 1934) is an American feminist journalist and social political activist who became nationally recognized as a leader and a spokeswoman for the American feminist movement in the late 1960s and early 1970s.Steinem was a columnist for New York magazine, and a co-founder of Ms. magazine. In 1969, Steinem published an article, "After Black Power, Women's Liberation", which brought her to national fame as a feminist leader. In 1971, she co-founded the National Women's Political Caucus which provides training and support for women who seek elected and appointed offices in government. Also in 1971, she co-founded the Women's Action Alliance which, until 1997, provided support to a network of feminist activists and worked to advance feminist causes and legislat...
Read Full Biography of Gloria Steinem
Gloria Steinem Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Gloria Steinem
Gloria Steinem Quotes
- The first resistance to social change is to say it's not necessary.
- Power can be taken, but not given. The process of the taking is empowerment in itself.
- We'll never solve the feminization of power until we solve the masculinity of wealth.
- Men should think twice before making widow hood woman's only path to power.
- I'd like to be played as a child by Natalie Wood. I'd have some romantic scenes as Audrey Hepburn and have gritty black-and-white scenes as Patricia Neal.
Comments about Gloria SteinemRafae210494: 97. "dreaming, after all, is a form of planning." -gloria steinem
Alcemirg268: 97. "dreaming, after all, is a form of planning." -gloria steinem
Thegreatsamaita: "some women are becoming nen they want to marry" gloria steinem , 1970.
Oodalolly: gloria steinem: prefers hostility over ridicule (wisdom exchange)
Albertodiniro: feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men.” — gloria steinem
Read All Comments