Who is George Gordon Lord ByronGeorge Gordon Byron, 6th Baron Byron FRS (22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824), known simply as Lord Byron, was a British poet, peer, politician, and leading figure in the Romantic movement. He is regarded as one of the greatest British poets and remains widely read and influential. Among his best-known works are the lengthy narrative poems Don Juan and Childe Harold's Pilgrimage; many of his shorter lyrics in Hebrew Melodies also became popular.
He travelled extensively across Europe, especially in Italy, where he lived for seven years in the cities of Venice, Ravenna and Pisa. During his stay in Italy he frequently visited his friend and fellow poet Percy Bysshe Shelley. Later in life Byron joined the Greek War of Independence fighting the Ottoman Empire, for which...
Read Full Biography
George Gordon Lord Byron Poems
- The Isles Of Greece
The isles of Greece! the isles of Greece
Where burning Sappho loved and sung,
Where grew the arts of war and peace,
Where Delos rose, and Phoebus sprung!...
- Written After Swimming From Sestos To Abydos
If, in the month of dark December,
Leander, who was nightly wont
(What maid will not the tale remember?)
To cross thy stream, broad Hellespont!...
- When We Two Parted
When we two parted
In silence and tears,
To sever for years,...
- When I Roved A Young Highlander
When I rov'd a young Highlander o'er the dark heath,
And climb'd thy steep summit, oh Morven of snow!
To gaze on the torrent that thunder'd beneath,
Or the mist of the tempest that gather'd below;...
- Well! Thou Art Happy
Well! thou art happy, and I feel
That I should thus be happy too;
For still my heart regards thy weal
Warmly, as it was wont to do....
Top 10 most used topics by George Gordon Lord ByronLove 81 I Love You 81 Heart 61 Soul 56 Alone 52 Hope 47 Never 46 Life 42 Death 39 Fate 37
George Gordon Lord Byron Quotes
Comments about George Gordon Lord Byron
- Moonjahroo: the destruction of sennacherib by lord byron (george gordon) the assyrian came down like the wolf on the fold, and his cohorts were gleaming in purple and gold; and the sheen of their spears was like stars on the sea, when the blue wave rolls nightly on deep galilee.
- Imcozy: she walks in beauty by lord byron (george gordon)
- Gswsyndicate: what deep wounds ever closed without a scar? ~george gordon, lord byron, child harold's pilgrimage
- Stevenlrowley: lord byron, in full george gordon byron, 6th baron byron, (born january 22, 1788, london, england—died april 19, 1824, missolonghi, greece), british romantic poet and satirist whose poetry and personality captured the imagination of europe.
- Ejbrand: 3. want to show off your devotion to the romantics while on your post-covid holiday? look no further than moody teenage byron* on a beach towel who could argue with “the towel that’s taking the internet by storm” ? *not by thomas lawrence