Who is Georg TraklA poem by Trakl inscribed on a plaque in Mirabell Garden, Salzburg. Georg Trakl (3 February 1887 – 3 November 1914) was an Austrian poet and brother of the pianist Grete Trakl. He is considered one of the most important Austrian Expressionists. He is perhaps best known for his poem "Grodek", which he wrote shortly before he died of a cocaine overdose.
Life and work Trakl was born and lived the first 21 years of his life in Salzburg. His father, Tobias Trakl (1...
Read Full Biography
Georg Trakl Poems
- To Angela
- The Deep Song
From deep night I was released.
My soul is astonished in immortality,
- Evening Walk
I go into the evening,
The wind jogs along and sings:
You are bewitched by every light,
O feel, what struggles with you! ...
- To Johnanna
Often I hear your steps
Ring through the alley.
- Night Song
Over nocturnal dark floods
I sing my sad songs,
Songs which bleed like wounds.
However, no heart carries them to me again ...
Top 10 most used topics by Georg TraklNight 61 Dark 53 Blue 46 Evening 44 Black 41 Golden 36 Red 33 Heart 32 Wind 30 Away 29
Georg Trakl Quotes
Comments about Georg Trakl
- Objectsmall_a: some of georg trakl’s poems
- Commonmag: "the good news was the soldiers were returning. / and you could find them. you could see them / walk the paths and asylums of the southern valley." traverse history with bruce bond's issue 20 "gródek," remembering austrian poet georg trakl:
- Gayestepdad: this bit from georg trakl makes me actually miss living in nyc
- Commonmag: "suffering has a local address. / it will tell you. it has its gródeks whose blood is less / corrosive." bruce bond's issue 20 poem "gródek" tells the tragic story of georg trakl, austrian expressionist poet who served as a medical officer in world war i.
- Churchlifend: fashion week is coming up, but... "o,the horrible laughter of gold,” says the poet georg trakl. the thing is, beauty lies sometimes. like the malevolent queen out to displace snow white’s beauty with her own...