Who is Georg TraklA poem by Trakl inscribed on a plaque in Mirabell Garden, Salzburg. Georg Trakl (3 February 1887 – 3 November 1914) was an Austrian poet and brother of the pianist Grete Trakl. He is considered one of the most important Austrian Expressionists. He is perhaps best known for his poem "Grodek", which he wrote shortly before he died of a cocaine overdose.
Life and work Trakl was born and lived the first 21 years of his life in Salzburg. His father, Tobias Trakl (1...
Read Full Biography
Georg Trakl Poems
- To Angela
- The Deep Song
From deep night I was released.
My soul is astonished in immortality,
- Evening Walk
I go into the evening,
The wind jogs along and sings:
You are bewitched by every light,
O feel, what struggles with you! ...
- To Johnanna
Often I hear your steps
Ring through the alley.
- Night Song
Over nocturnal dark floods
I sing my sad songs,
Songs which bleed like wounds.
However, no heart carries them to me again ...
Top 10 most used topics by Georg TraklNight 61 Dark 53 Blue 46 Evening 44 Black 41 Golden 36 Red 33 Heart 32 Wind 30 Away 29
Georg Trakl Quotes
Comments about Georg Trakl
- Whiskyeric: “i drank the silence of god from a spring in the woods.”– georg trakl cradle mountain single malt “the forest trail.” we are welcoming new club members
- Marcuslinderos: marked as to-read: the poems of georg trakl by georg trakl
- Zangpo32: this be the verse: 10 ~ to the boy elis - georg trakl
- Sjmitch22: 'on the eastern front' by georg trakl
- Rtsaturyan: trakl handpicks: “sun’s about to rise in black.” “your soul is drawn to suffering, my boy.” “a gentle monk folds his deceased hands.” “the silent sister-monk.” “the frozen smile of a dead whore.” —georg trakl, tr. alexander stillmark