Who is Georg TraklA poem by Trakl inscribed on a plaque in Mirabell Garden, Salzburg. Georg Trakl (3 February 1887 – 3 November 1914) was an Austrian poet and brother of the pianist Grete Trakl. He is considered one of the most important Austrian Expressionists. He is perhaps best known for his poem "Grodek", which he wrote shortly before he died of a cocaine overdose.
Life and work Trakl was born and lived the first 21 years of his life in Salzburg. His father, Tobias Trakl (1...
Read Full Biography
Georg Trakl Poems
- To Angela
- The Deep Song
From deep night I was released.
My soul is astonished in immortality,
- Evening Walk
I go into the evening,
The wind jogs along and sings:
You are bewitched by every light,
O feel, what struggles with you! ...
- To Johnanna
Often I hear your steps
Ring through the alley.
- Night Song
Over nocturnal dark floods
I sing my sad songs,
Songs which bleed like wounds.
However, no heart carries them to me again ...
Top 10 most used topics by Georg TraklNight 61 Dark 53 Blue 46 Evening 44 Black 41 Golden 36 Red 33 Heart 32 Wind 30 Away 29
Georg Trakl Quotes
Comments about Georg Trakl
- Mina_tafreshi: strange shudders of transformation, bodily experienced to the point of vulnerability, visions of mysteries until the certainty of having died, ecstasies to the point of stony petrifaction, and a continuation of dreaming sad dreams.” georg trakl
- Tracing_silence: witherings the spirit of putrescence flutters with black wings. crippled birches in the autumn wind. georg trakl, at the moor, 1887-1914
- Literaryvienna: “i do not understand them, but their tone makes me happy. it is the tone of true genius.” ludwig wittgenstein on the poems of georg trakl, letter to ludwig von ficker
- Simulacra_001: you probably cannot translate poetry but i will still read translated poetry like baudelaire and georg trakl
- Sapienssucks: "blue clouds peel away above; out of black decay god's radiant angels step with silver thorns the frost strikes us, dying we bend over graves" georg trakl