Who is Franz KafkaFranz Kafka[a] (3 July 1883 – 3 June 1924) was a German-speaking Bohemian novelist and short-story writer, widely regarded as one of the major figures of 20th-century literature. His work fuses elements of realism and the fantastic. It typically features isolated protagonists facing bizarre or surrealistic predicaments and incomprehensible socio-bureaucratic powers. It has been interpreted as exploring themes of alienation, existential anxiety, guilt, and absurdity. His best known works include "Die Verwandlung" ("The Metamorphosis"), Der Process (The Trial), and Das Schloss (The Castle). The term Kafkaesque has entered the English language to describe situations like those found in his writing.
Kafka was born into a middle-class German-Jewish family in Prague, th...
Read Full Biography
Franz Kafka Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Franz Kafka
Franz Kafka Quotes
- Sensual love deceives one as to the nature of heavenly love it could not do so alone, but since it unconsciously has the element of heavenly love within it, it can do so.
- It is not necessary that you leave the house. Remain at your table and listen. Do not even listen, only wait. Do not even wait, be wholly still and alone. The world will present itself to you for its unmasking, it can do no other, in ecstasy it will writhe at your feet.
- Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.
- Youth is happy because it has the ability to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.
- My 'fear' is my substance, and probably the best part of me.
Comments about Franz Kafka
- Mariatontini1: kate bush - the morning fog
- Egypt20016: perhaps, we don't love unreasonably because we think we time or have to reckon with time. but what if we don't have time? or, time, as we know it, is irrelevant. ah, if only the world were ending tomorrow. franz kafka.
- Bandideabot: freak-punk music from the 90s remixed with icelandic beat happening but gambian cum a franz kafka novel? sounds cool!
- Puraaniduniaa: when franz kafka said," don't bend; don't water it down, don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly." i really felt that.
- Ovbismarch: august 2, 1914: germany has declared war on russia. went swimming in the afternoon. franz kafka