Who is Franz KafkaFranz Kafka[a] (3 July 1883 – 3 June 1924) was a German-speaking Bohemian novelist and short-story writer, widely regarded as one of the major figures of 20th-century literature. His work fuses elements of realism and the fantastic. It typically features isolated protagonists facing bizarre or surrealistic predicaments and incomprehensible socio-bureaucratic powers. It has been interpreted as exploring themes of alienation, existential anxiety, guilt, and absurdity. His best known works include "Die Verwandlung" ("The Metamorphosis"), Der Process (The Trial), and Das Schloss (The Castle). The term Kafkaesque has entered the English language to describe situations like those found in his writing.
Kafka was born into a middle-class German-Jewish family in Prague, th...
Read Full Biography
Franz Kafka Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Franz Kafka
Franz Kafka Quotes
- Sensual love deceives one as to the nature of heavenly love it could not do so alone, but since it unconsciously has the element of heavenly love within it, it can do so.
- It is not necessary that you leave the house. Remain at your table and listen. Do not even listen, only wait. Do not even wait, be wholly still and alone. The world will present itself to you for its unmasking, it can do no other, in ecstasy it will writhe at your feet.
- Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.
- Youth is happy because it has the ability to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.
- My 'fear' is my substance, and probably the best part of me.
Comments about Franz Kafka
- Drummarts: what middle schooler reads franz kafka's work
- Jrayjn: letter to his father, franz kafka avg writer n father relationsh*t
- Ogdietr: the metamorphosis by franz kafka exept he turns into a big cool dragon and kills everyone and also shoots fire
- Pseudoodoo: one of the first signs of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die. — franz kafka
- Mid_90swallflwr: "for myself i am too heavy, and for you too light." ° ° franz kafka