Who is Fernando PessoaFernando António Nogueira Pessoa (Portuguese: [fɨɾˈnɐ̃du pɨˈsoɐ]; 13 June 1888 – 30 November 1935), commonly known as Fernando Pessoa, was a Portuguese poet, writer, literary critic, translator, publisher and philosopher, described as one of the most significant literary figures of the 20th century and one of the greatest poets in the Portuguese language. He also wrote in and translated from English and French.
Pessoa was a prolific writer, and not only under his own name, for he dreamed up approximately seventy-five others. He did not call them pseudonyms because he felt that did not capture their true independent intellectual life and instead called them heteronyms. These imaginary figures sometimes held unpopular or extreme views.
Read Full Biography
Fernando Pessoa Poems
- Sonnet Xx
When in the widening circle of rebirth
To a new flesh my travelled soul shall come,
And try again the unremembered earth
With the old sadness for the immortal home, ...
Top 10 most used topics by Fernando PessoaEarth 1 Strange 1 Thought 1 Black 1 Regret 1 Blind 1 Face 1 Sense 1 Small 1 Breath 1
Fernando Pessoa Quotes
Comments about Fernando Pessoa
- Nouveauzebre: fernando pessoa | i have more souls than one
- Sunnydark101xx: books to give you hope: the book of disquiet by fernando pessoa
- Quotebread: "the sea with an end can be greek or roman: the endless sea is portuguese." - fernando pessoa
- Boiarski: "no intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it.” – fernando pessoa
- Momiramonika: it flows indecisive in the mist a beginning of existence completed before it is grasped ~ it is the meaning that exists in the breeze that is scarcely felt the essence of which consists in passing by, uncertainly ~ fernando pessoa foto: rodrigo ramos