Emily Dickinson Poems
- 101. When Bells Stop Ringing—church—begins
When Bells stop ringingâ??Churchâ??begins
- 102. I Learned—at Least—what Home Could Be
I learnedâ??at leastâ??what Home could beâ??
- 103. The Nearest Dream Recedes, Unrealized.
The nearest dream recedes, unrealized.
The heaven we chase Like the June bee
- 104. Before You Thought Of Spring,
Before you thought of spring,
Except as a surmise, You see, God bless his suddenness,
- 105. Kill Your Balm—and Its Odors Bless You
Kill your Balmâ??and its Odors bless youâ??
- 106. 'arcturus' Is His Other Name
'Arcturus' is his other nameâ??
- 107. There's A Certain Slant Of Light (258)
There's a certain Slant of light,
Winter Afternoons-- That oppresses, like the Heft
- 108. I Cannot Buy It—'tis Not Sold
I cannot buy itâ??'tis not soldâ??
- 109. Again—his Voice Is At The Door
Again—his voice is at the door—
- 110. Your Riches—taught Me—poverty
Your Richesâ??taught meâ??Poverty.
- 111. Suspense—is Hostiler Than Death
Suspenseâ??is Hostiler than Deathâ??
- 112. A Planted Life—diversified
A Planted Life—diversified
- 113. It Would Never Be Common—more—i Said
It would never be Commonâ??moreâ??I saidâ??
- 114. The Wind Didn't Come From The Orchard—today
The Wind didn't come from the Orchardâ??todayâ??
- 115. To Lose Thee
To lose thee, sweeter than to gain
All other hearts I knew. Tis true the drought is destitute
- 116. Heaven Has Different Signs—to Me
"Heaven" has different Signsâ??to meâ??
Sometimes, I think that Noon Is but a symbol of the Placeâ??
- 117. The Months Have Ends—the Years—a Knot
The Months have endsâ??the Yearsâ??a knotâ??
- 118. The Robin Is The One
The Robin is the One
- 119. You Love Me—you Are Sure
You love meâ??you are sureâ??
- 120. Departed To The Judgment,
Departed to the judgment,
A mighty afternoon; Great clouds like ushers leaning,
- 121. He Forgot—and I—remembered
He forgotâ??and Iâ??rememberedâ??
- 122. Nature, The Gentlest Mother,
Nature, the gentlest mother,
Impatient of no child, The feeblest or the waywardest,
- 123. Whose Cheek Is This?
Whose cheek is this?
- 124. Faith—is The Pierless Bridge
Faithâ??is the Pierless Bridge
- 125. Nature And God—i Neither Knew
Nature and Godâ??I neither knew
- 126. We Dream—it Is Good We Are Dreaming
We dreamâ??it is good we are dreamingâ??
- 127. If The Foolish, Call Them "flowers"
If the foolish, call them "flowers"—
- 128. Going To Him! Happy Letter! Tell Him--
Going to him! Happy letter! Tell him--
Tell him the page I didn't write; Tell him I only said the syntax,
- 129. Dying! Dying In The Night!
Dying! Dying in the night!
- 130. "faith" Is A Fine Invention
"Faith" is a fine invention
- 131. Publication—is The Auction
Publicationâ??is the Auction
Of the Mind of Manâ?? Povertyâ??be justifying
- 132. The Chariot
Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me; The carriage held but just ourselves
- 133. Banish Air From Air—
Banish Air from Air—
- 134. Before The Ice Is In The Pools
Before the ice is in the pools—
- 135. Till Death—is Narrow Loving
Till Deathâ??is narrow Lovingâ??
- 136. Our Journey Had Advanced;
Our journey had advanced;
Our feet were almost come To that odd fork in Being's road,
- 137. Sweet Mountains—ye Tell Me No Lie
Sweet Mountainsâ??Ye tell Me no lieâ??
- 138. I Never Felt At Home—below
I never felt at Homeâ??Belowâ??-
- 139. Myself Was Formed—a Carpenter
Myself was formedâ??a Carpenterâ??
- 140. A Something In A Summer's Day
A something in a summer's Day
- 141. Heaven Is So Far Of The Mind
Heaven is so far of the Mind
- 142. Nature Is What We See—
"Nature" is what we seeâ??
The Hillâ??the Afternoonâ?? Squirrelâ??Eclipseâ??the Bumble beeâ??
- 143. All I May, If Small
All I may, if small,
- 144. What If I Say I Shall Not Wait!
What if I say I shall not wait!
- 145. I'm Ceded—i've Stopped Being Theirs
I'm cededâ??I've stopped being Theirsâ??
- 146. The Sun Is Gay Or Stark
The Sun is gay or stark
- 147. My Eye Is Fuller Than My Vase
My Eye is fuller than my vase—
- 148. Exhilaration—is Within
- 149. I Reckon—when I Count It All
I reckonâ??when I count it allâ??
- 150. Some—work For Immortality
Some—Work for Immortality—