Who is Elsa BarkerElsa Barker (1869–1954) was an American novelist, short-story writer and poet. She became known for three books Letters from a Living Dead Man (1914), War Letters from the Living Dead Man (1915), and Last Letters From the Living Dead Man (1919), that she said were messages from a dead man produced through automatic writing.
Biography Barker was born in 1869 in Leicester, Vermont. Her parents both died while Barker was still young. She worked as a shorthand writer, a teacher and wrote for newspapers. Her father had been interested in the occult and Barker shared this interest, becoming a member of the Theosophical Society. She was also initiated into the Rosicrucian Order of Alpha et Omega.
Barker lived in Europe from 1910 to 1914, first in Paris a...
Read Full Biography
Elsa Barker Poems
- When I Am Dead And Sister To The Dust
When I am dead and sister to the dust;
When no more avidly I drink the wine
Of human love; when the pale Proserpine
Has covered me with poppies, and cold rust...
- The Frozen Grail
(To Peary and his men, before the last expedition)
Why sing the legends of the Holy Grail,...
Top 10 most used topics by Elsa BarkerCold 2 Faith 2 Human 2 World 2 Space 1 Dust 1 White 1 Wild 1 Soul 1 Wind 1
Elsa Barker Quotes
- The solving of almost every crime mystery depends on something which seems, at the first glance, to bear no relation whatever to the original crime.
Comments about Elsa Barker
- Itspragma: 5 of 5 stars to last letters from the living dead man by elsa barker
- Itspragma: 50% done with last letters from the living dead man, by elsa barker
- Itspragma: 75% done with war letters from the living dead man, by elsa barker
- Itspragma: 5 of 5 stars to war letters from the living dead man by elsa barker
- Paranormal_bios: this episode of paranormal bios revives the awe-inspiring metaphysical book, letters from the living dead man, written down by elsa barker through the process of automatic writing in 1912. "i will tell you things that have never been told."