Who is Ellis Parker Butler...
Read Full Biography
Ellis Parker Butler Poems
- To G. M. W. And G. F. W
Whenas, (I love that "whenas" word,
It shows I am a poet, too,) ...
- The Poor Boy's Christmas
Observe, my child, this pretty scene,
And note the air of pleasure keen
With which the widow's orphan boy
Toots his tin horn, his only toy. ...
- A St. Valentine's Day Tragedy
Oh! Montmorency Vere de Vere,
To think that one I held so dear
Should use a base deceiver's art
To trifle with my loving heart. ...
- To Kate. ( In Lieu Of A Valentine )
Sweet Love and I had oft communed;
We were, indeed, great friends,
And oft I sought his office, near
Where Courtship Alley ends. ...
- Judgment Day
Saint Peter stood, at Heaven's gate,
All souls claims to adjudicate
Saying to some souls, 'Enter in!'
'Go to Hell,' to others, 'you are steeped in sin.' ...
Top 10 most used topics by Ellis Parker ButlerHeart 29 I Love You 20 Love 20 Long 15 Never 14 Year 14 Sweet 14 Great 13 Good 12 Head 11
Ellis Parker Butler Quotes
Comments about Ellis Parker Butler
- Cozyxmaspod: in today's episode gracie & i talk about her birthday & play a game of christmas trivia. then i read a pretty funny story called the canned plum pudding-d a hilarious look at the danger of regifting that unwanted gift!
- Superqueer619: horacio the handsnake - ellis parker butler
- Patchlimb: ‘quote of the day’: baadic “the sheep adorns the landscape rural and is both singular and plural— it gives grammarians the creeps to hear one say, “a flock of sheeps.” - opening verse of ‘the sheep’ by ellis parker butler
- Ancientnmodern: excellent fact of the day. the iconic star trek episode, ‘the trouble with tribbles’, was inspired by ellis parker butler’s wonderful short story ‘pigs is pigs’ in which an entire railway station is taken over by guinea pigs as a result of bureaucratic intransigence.
- Englishwellbiz: solander's radio tomb by ellis parker butler