Who is Elbert HubbardElbert Green Hubbard (June 19, 1856 – May 7, 1915) was an American writer, publisher, artist, and philosopher. Raised in Hudson, Illinois, he had early success as a traveling salesman for the Larkin Soap Company. Hubbard is known best as the founder of the Roycroft artisan community in East Aurora, New York, an influential exponent of the Arts and Crafts movement.
Among Hubbard's many publications were the fourteen-volume work Little Journeys to the Homes of the Great and the short publication A Message to Garcia. He and his second wife, Alice Moore Hubbard, died aboard the RMS Lusitania when it was sunk by a German submarine off the coast of Ireland on May 7, 1915.
Hubbard was born in Bloomington, Illinois, to Silas Hubbard and Juliana Fran...
Read Full Biography of Elbert Hubbard
Elbert Hubbard Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Elbert Hubbard
Elbert Hubbard Quotes
- Often we can help each other most by leaving each other alone at other times we need the hand-grasp and the word of cheer.
- Art is not a thing it is a way.
- The sculptor produces the beautiful statue by chipping away such parts of the marble block as are not needed - it is a process of elimination.
- Art is the beautiful way of doing things. Science is the effective way of doing things. Business is the economic way of doing things.
- Character is the result of two things: mental attitude and the way we spend our time.
Comments about Elbert HubbardHasudi: "to avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." ~elbert hubbard~
Cupcakea_: the best way to prepare for life is to begin to live.” – elbert hubbard cheers to 20th anji happy birthday anji
1gre_bot: do not take life too seriously. you will never get out of it alive. - elbert hubbard
Unknownleadere: one machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. no machine can do the work of one extraordinary man elbert hubbard
Ifinestquotes: "lots of folks confuse bad management with destiny" -elbert hubbard
Read All Comments