Who is Elbert HubbardElbert Green Hubbard (June 19, 1856 – May 7, 1915) was an American writer, publisher, artist, and philosopher. Raised in Hudson, Illinois, he had early success as a traveling salesman for the Larkin Soap Company. Presently Hubbard is known best as the founder of the Roycroft artisan community in East Aurora, New York, an influential exponent of the Arts and Crafts Movement. Some of the Roycroft Campus buildings remain; they have been restored and are open to visitors. The complex is a National Historic Site.
Among Hubbard's many publications were the fourteen-volume work Little Journeys to the Homes of the Great and the short publication A Message to Garcia. He and his second wife, Alice Moore Hubbard, died aboard the RMS Lusitania when it was sunk by a German submari...
Read Full Biography
Elbert Hubbard Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Elbert Hubbard
Elbert Hubbard Quotes
- Often we can help each other most by leaving each other alone at other times we need the hand-grasp and the word of cheer.
- Art is not a thing it is a way.
- The sculptor produces the beautiful statue by chipping away such parts of the marble block as are not needed - it is a process of elimination.
- Art is the beautiful way of doing things. Science is the effective way of doing things. Business is the economic way of doing things.
- Character is the result of two things: mental attitude and the way we spend our time.
Comments about Elbert Hubbard
- Angloinfo: a friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same. elbert hubbard.
- Mel_brookssa: be pleasant until ten o'clock in the morning and the rest of the day will take care of itself. - elbert hubbard
- Just4sanu: "the greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." —elbert hubbard
- Raspiarduino: die, v.: to stop sinning suddenly. -- elbert hubbard
- Imankitttgoyal: to avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing. ― elbert hubbard