Who is E. E. CummingsEdward Estlin "E. E." Cummings (October 14, 1894 – September 3, 1962), often styled as e e cummings, as he is attributed in many of his published works, was an American poet, painter, essayist, author, and playwright. He wrote approximately 2,900 poems, two autobiographical novels, four plays, and several essays.
Cummings is associated with modernist free-form poetry. Much of his work has idiosyncratic syntax and uses lower case spellings for poetic expression. His use of lower case extended to rendering even the personal pronoun I as i, as in the phrase "i shall go.”
Read Full Biography
E. E. Cummings Poems
- Yours Is The Music For No Instrument
yours is the music for no instrument
yours the preposterous colour unbeheld
-mine the unbought contemptuous intent...
- Your Little Voice
your little voice
Over the wires came leaping
and i felt suddenly
- You Asked Me To Come:it Was Raining A Little
you asked me to come:it was raining a little,
and the spring;a clumsy brightness of air
wonderfully stumbled above the square,
little amorous-tadpole people wiggled...
- Writhe And
gape of tortured
- Will Suddenly Trees Leap From Winter And Will
will suddenly trees leap from winter and will
the stabbing music of your white youth
wounded by my arms' bothness...
Top 10 most used topics by E. E. CummingsLove 28 I Love You 28 Face 25 Death 24 Mouth 23 World 23 Body 23 Smile 22 Hair 21 Moon 20
E. E. Cummings Quotes
- A politician is an arse upon which everybody has sat except a man
- To be nobody but yourself, in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
Comments about E. E. Cummings
- Lmda38616060: "it takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." - e. e. cummings kycine tgsifeeluep52
- Themagspeedway: glenn's bbq and fish crusa late model sportsman - heat 2 (lineups): 1-payne.e 2-ellington.b 3-guest.j 4-duckworth.c 5-davis.t 6-jones.j 7-flurry.s 8-cummings.a 9-gray.t
- Randomquotebot1: e.e. cummings -> “it takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.”
- Almansoury89: here is the deepest secret nobody knows e.e. cummings
- Joanna__: "i'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart."- e e cummings (1894-1962)