Who is Du FuZimeiChinese子美TranscriptionsStandard MandarinHanyu PinyinZǐmeǐShaoling YelaoChinese少陵野老TranscriptionsStandard MandarinHanyu PinyinShàolíng Yělǎo Du Fu (Wade–Giles: Tu Fu; Chinese: 杜甫;...
Read Full Biography
Du Fu Poems
- To Bi Siyao
Once stately figures in the art of rhyme,
Now sadly down at heels, our careers in ruin,
Regarded by our servants with disdain,
We are grown old and gray before our time. ...
- Ballad Of The Press-gang At Shihao Village
One evening I found lodging in a village where
A press-gang stole by night to seize my aging host,
Who, hearing them, scaled the wall and hid nearby.
Furious, the bailiff bellowed at the gate ...
- The Pitiful Young Prince
Hooded crows fly at night
over the walls of Chang'an,
uttering harsh cries
above Welcoming Autumn Gate, ...
- Behind The Gates Of The Wealthy
zhu men jiu rou chou
lu you dong si gu
Behind the gates of the wealthy ...
- Morning Rain
A slight rain comes, bathed in dawn light.
I hear it among treetop leaves before mist
Arrives. Soon it sprinkles the soil and,
Windblown, follows clouds away. Deepened ...
Top 10 most used topics by Du FuLong 16 White 14 Night 14 River 13 Sky 12 Home 11 Moon 11 Cold 11 Life 11 Spring 10
Du Fu Quotes
Comments about Du Fu
- Cieswufe: chengdu is the city with a population of over 10 million with a view of snow-capped mountains, of which the sea level is above 7km. people living here have long been used to opening the window to enjoy the magnificent scenery seen by du fu centuries ago. photo: 在成都遥望雪山
- Cfbcuk: “hard roads an cauld hairst winds: li bai an du fu in scots” by brian holton - due oct 2021, order now!
- El9ulrvprtawspp: this month, zhengzhou is solemnly introducing du fu to the wider world so that the world can better understand the historical and cultural heritage of du fu's birthplace, zhengzhou, city's natural beauty, the country's splendid culture, and the chinese nation's rich heritage.
- Siwaratrikalpa: people all over the world are happy to read du fu or chaucer or, i dunno, melville, for pleasure, and to go to classes on those things to learn more about them and better understand their intricacies. but something like old sundanese?
- Oceanvbot: i sit, with all my theories, metaphors, and equations, shakespeare and milton, barthes, du fu, and homer, masters of death who can’t, at last, teach me how to touch my dead.