Who is Dalai LamaDalai Lama (UK: , US: ; Tibetan: ཏཱ་ལའི་བླ་མ་, Wylie: Tā la'i bla ma [táːlɛː láma]) is a title given by the Tibetan people to the foremost spiritual leader of the Gelug or "Yellow Hat" school of Tibetan Buddhism, the newest and most dominant of the four major schools of Tibetan Buddhism. The 14th and current Dalai Lama is Tenzin Gyatso, who lives as a refugee in India. The Dalai Lama is also considered to be the successor in a line of tulkus who are believed to be incarnations of Avalokiteśvara, the Bodhisattva of Compassion.Since the time of the 5th Dalai Lama in the 17th century, his personage has always been a symbol of unification of the state of Tibet, where he has represented Buddhist values and traditions. The Dalai Lama was an important figure of the ...
Read Full Biography of Dalai Lama
Dalai Lama Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Dalai Lama
Dalai Lama Quotes
- Generally speaking, if a human being never shows anger, then I think something's wrong. He's not right in the brain.
- It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
- In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.
- Sleep is the best meditation.
- The best way to resolve any problem in the human world is for all sides to sit down and talk.