Who is BuddhaGautama Buddha (also Siddhārtha Gautama, Siddhattha Gotama; Shakyamuni, Sakkamuni; and The Buddha) was an ascetic and spiritual teacher of ancient India who lived during the 6th or 5th century BCE. He was the founder of Buddhism and is revered by Buddhists as a fully enlightened being who taught a path to Nirvana (lit. vanishing or extinguishing), freedom from ignorance, craving, rebirth and suffering. According to Buddhist tradition, the Buddha was born in Lumbini in what is now Nepal, to highborn parents of the Shakya clan, but abandoned his family to live as a wandering ascetic. Leading a life of begging, asceticism, and meditation, he attained enlightenment at Bodh Gaya. The Buddha thereafter wandered through the lower Gangetic plain, teaching and building a monastic order. He taug...
Read Full Biography of Buddha
Top 10 most used topics by Buddha
- Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else you are the one who gets burned.
- In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.
- You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
- The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.
- Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
Comments about Buddha_eduphile: “the root of suffering is attachment.” - buddha
Singporehotel: the mind is everything. what you think you become. –buddha
Bogrtguh5fqlyos: buddha man series: pope of buddhism hh dorje chang buddha iii demonstrates the true realization power of buddha dharma
Bogrtguh5fqlyos: yi yungao (dorje chang buddha iii) : shocking truth revealed 1 – the real culprits and victims in the fabricated case against master won ko yee
_ayyumii: the only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. -buddha ralphgail st20nger together
Read All Comments