Who is Count Giacomo Leopardi
Giacomo LeopardiGiacomo Taldegardo Francesco di Sales Saverio Pietro LeopardiBorn(1798-06-29)29 June 1798
Recanati, Papal StatesDied
Read Full Biography
Count Giacomo Leopardi Poems
- On An Old Sepuchral Bas-relief
WHERE IS SEEN A YOUNG MAIDEN, DEAD, IN THE ACT OF DEPARTING,
TAKING LEAVE OF HER FAMILY.
- The Evening Of The Holiday
The night is mild and clear, and without wind,
And o'er the roofs, and o'er the gardens round
The moon shines soft, and from afar reveals
Each mountain-peak serene. O lady, mine, ...
- On The Portrait Of A Beautiful Woman,
CARVED ON HER MONUMENT.
Such _wast_ thou: now in earth below, ...
- The Last Song Of Sappho
Thou tranquil night, and thou, O gentle ray
Of the declining moon; and thou, that o'er
The rock appearest, 'mid the silent grove,
The messenger of day; how dear ye were, ...
TO THE MARQUIS GINO CAPPONI.
I was mistaken, my dear Gino. Long ...
Top 10 most used topics by Count Giacomo LeopardiLife 33 Heaven 30 Earth 28 Heart 27 Love 26 Hope 26 I Love You 26 Light 25 Fate 24 World 24
Count Giacomo Leopardi Quotes
Comments about Count Giacomo Leopardi
- Sun__series: the village saturday night poem by count giacomo leopardi
- Ozannemichael: giacomo leopardi ("i heard he was a count"... "i thought he was alright...")
- Hbryant: on the notebooks of count giacomo leopardi - los angeles review of books: on the notebooks of count giacomo leopardi
- Doinabadescu: impromptu: two poems by count giacomo leopardi - tr...
- Bookappreciator: "about this time an action was being instituted against humanity by a young italian, the count giacomo leopardi, and the muffled discontent which for centuries had been throbbing through land and literature was raised by his verse into one clear note of eloquent arraignment."