Who is Charlotte Smith...
Read Full Biography
Charlotte Smith Poems
- Sonnet Xxxix. To Night. From The Same.
I LOVE thee, mournful, sober-suited Night!
When the faint moon, yet lingering in her wane,
And veil'd in clouds, with pale uncertain light
Hangs o'er the waters of the restless main. ...
- Sonnet Ix.
BLEST is yon shepherd, on the turf reclined,
Who on the varied clouds which float above
Lies idly gazing--while his vacant mind
Pours out some tale antique of rural love! ...
- Sonnet Lvi.
IF, by his torturing, savage foes untraced,
The breathless captive gain some trackless glade,
Yet hears the war-whoop howl along the waste,
And dreads the reptile-monsters of the shade; ...
- Sonnet Lxxi.
Written at Weymouth in winter.
THE chill waves whiten in the sharp North-east;
Cold, cold the night-blast comes, with sullen sound,
And black and gloomy, like my cheerless breast: ...
- Sonnet Xliii: The Unhappy Exile
The unhappy exile, whom his fates confine
To the bleak coast of some unfriendly isle,
Cold, barren, desart, where no harvests smile,
But thirst and hunger on the rocks repine; ...
Top 10 most used topics by Charlotte SmithSonnet 76 I Love You 46 Love 46 Heart 45 Soft 42 Long 38 Night 33 Light 31 Wild 31 Life 30
Charlotte Smith Quotes
Comments about Charlotte Smith
- Justbespecial: sam smith charlotte nc
- Wtflanksteak: charlotte went to smith and had only "heard" about periods synching up?!
- Nypost_berman: heisman trophy winner, wr devonta smith of alabama on celebrity row tonight for knicks-charlotte. draft upcoming.
- Shannon_smith: i thought we might get a 30 minute charlotte vs auska classic but nah, sheamus gotta show off his fancy bathrobe.
- Annamercer_: back to face-to-face teaching today - going to talk about charlotte smith with my third years