Who is Charles Lamb...
Read Full Biography
Charles Lamb Poems
- On The Sight Of Swans In Kensington Gardens
Queen-bird, that sittest on thy shining nest
And thy young cygnets without sorrow hatchest,
And thou, thou other royal bird, that watchest
Lest the white mother wandering feet molest: ...
- David In The Cave Of Adullam
David and his three captains bold
Kept ambush once within a hold.
It was in Adullam's cave,
Nigh which no water they could have. ...
- The Butterfly
Do, my dearest brother John,
Let that butterfly alone.
- Going Into Breeches
Joy to Philip, he this day
Has his long coats cast away,
And (the childish season gone)
Puts the manly breeches on. ...
- Thoughtless Cruelty
There, Robert, you have killed that fly,
And should you thousand ages try
The life you've taken to supply,
You could not do it. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Charles LambDear 45 Heart 38 Poor 38 Away 36 Young 32 Child 30 World 30 Good 28 Tender 25 Mind 25
Charles Lamb Quotes
- Lawyers, I suppose, were children once.
- Boys are capital fellows in their own way, among their mates but they are unwholesome companions for grown people.
- I mean your borrowers of books - those mutilators of collections, spoilers of the symmetry of shelves, and creators of odd volumes.
- Lawers, I suppose, were children once.
- My motto is: Contented with little, yet wishing for more.
Comments about Charles Lamb
- Fordmadoxfordie: 16 april 1900. katherine mary madox hueffer, ford’s second daughter, born. she married the artist charles lamb, had two sons and three daughters—a story traced in paul lewis’s forthcoming ‘kent to connemara: ford madox ford’s legacy in ireland’:
- Liofertrend_ofc: “‘tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.” — charles lamb chickwentuhan with liofer
- Rabbit10: where have all the ventriloquist acts gone i was brought up with lenny the lion lord charles and lamb chop nookie bear etc they don't seem to be around today a dying art which is a shame.
- Febsfriendfams: “tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.” ― charles lamb
- Nubizafrica: "here cometh april again, and as far as i can see the world hath more fools in it than ever." - charles lamb