Who is Charles Lamb...
Read Full Biography of Charles Lamb
Charles Lamb Poems
- On The Sight Of Swans In Kensington Gardens
Queen-bird, that sittest on thy shining nest
And thy young cygnets without sorrow hatchest,
And thou, thou other royal bird, that watchest
Lest the white mother wandering feet molest: ...
- David In The Cave Of Adullam
David and his three captains bold
Kept ambush once within a hold.
It was in Adullam's cave,
Nigh which no water they could have. ...
- The Butterfly
Do, my dearest brother John,
Let that butterfly alone.
- Going Into Breeches
Joy to Philip, he this day
Has his long coats cast away,
And (the childish season gone)
Puts the manly breeches on. ...
- Thoughtless Cruelty
There, Robert, you have killed that fly,
And should you thousand ages try
The life you've taken to supply,
You could not do it. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Charles LambDear 45 Heart 38 Poor 38 Away 36 Young 32 Child 30 World 30 Good 28 Tender 25 Mind 25
Charles Lamb Quotes
- Lawyers, I suppose, were children once.
- Nothing to me is more distasteful than that entire complacency and satisfaction which beam in the countenances of a newly married couple.
- Boys are capital fellows in their own way, among their mates but they are unwholesome companions for grown people.
- I mean your borrowers of books - those mutilators of collections, spoilers of the symmetry of shelves, and creators of odd volumes.
- Lawers, I suppose, were children once.
Comments about Charles LambSaflumn: join us today for the charles c.s. song fellowship award ceremony with distinguished lecture by prof. michael lamb! we will celebrate 2023 song fellowship recipient shih-hsun huang, followed by lamb's lecture on mud flocculation. for more info:
Motivappbot: the greatest pleasure i know is to do a good action by stealth, and to have it found out by accident. [charles lamb]
Febsfriendfams: “tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.” ― charles lamb
Ravacholarthur: been reading charles lamb
Jacquerablack: 4 of 5 stars to the blood of the lamb by charles haddon spurgeon
Read All Comments