Who is Charles Caleb ColtonCharles Caleb Colton (bapt. 11 December 1777 – died 28 April 1832) was an English cleric, writer and collector, well known for his eccentricities.
The son of the Rev. Barfoot Colton, he was educated at Eton College and King's College, Cambridge, graduating B.A. in 1801, and M.A. in 1804. In 1801, he was presented by the college with the perpetual curacy of Tiverton's Prior's Quarter in Devon, where he lived for many years. He was appointed to the vicarage of Kew and Petersham in 1812. His performance of church-related functions at both locations was erratic: at times conscientious and brilliant while at other times cursory and indulgent. He left formal church service, and England, in 1828. Contemporaries believed that he had fled from his creditors, who ...
Read Full Biography of Charles Caleb Colton
Charles Caleb Colton Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Charles Caleb Colton
Charles Caleb Colton Quotes
- The excess of our youth are checks written against our age and they are payable with interest thirty years later.
- To dare to live alone is the rarest courage since there are many who had rather meet their bitterest enemy in the field, than their own hearts in their closet.
- He who studies books alone will know how things ought to be, and he who studies men will know how they are.
- Power will intoxicate the best hearts, as wine the strongest heads. No man is wise enough, nor good enough to be trusted with unlimited power.
- Next to acquiring good friends, the best acquisition is that of good books.
Comments about Charles Caleb Colton5starresultsnow: "the present time has one advantage over every other - it is our own." via:
Mrlegendcrypto: “wealth after all is a relative thing since he that has little and wants less is richer than he that has much and wants more.” charles caleb colton
Willdoit23: "the greatest friend of truth is time, her greatest enemy is prejudice, and her constant companion is humility." - charles caleb colton hello kdecember onasap have a blast withkdlex alexa on asap december
Mrtoughdev: we own almost all our knowledge not to those who have agreed but to those who have differed. - by charles caleb colton
Amity_haven: 18. charles caleb colton. “liberty will not descend to a people, a people must raise themselves to liberty; it is a blessing that must be earned before it can be enjoyed.”
Read All Comments