Who is Bob DylanBob Dylan (born Robert Allen Zimmerman, May 24, 1941) is an American singer-songwriter, author and visual artist. Widely regarded as one of the greatest songwriters of all time, Dylan has been a major figure in popular culture for more than 50 years. Much of his most celebrated work dates from the 1960s, when songs such as "Blowin' in the Wind" (1963) and "The Times They Are a-Changin'" (1964) became anthems for the civil rights and anti-war movements. His lyrics during this period incorporated a range of political, social, philosophical, and literary influences, defied pop music conventions and appealed to the burgeoning counterculture.
Following his self-titled debut album in 1962, which mainly comprised traditional folk songs, Dylan made his breakthrough as a songwri...
Read Full Biography
Bob Dylan Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Bob Dylan
Bob Dylan Quotes
- I paint mostly from real life. It has to start with that. Real people, real street scenes, behind the curtain scenes, live models, paintings, photographs, staged setups, architecture, grids, graphic design. Whatever it takes to make it work.
- I define nothing. Not beauty, not patriotism. I take each thing as it is, without prior rules about what it should be.
- I don't think the human mind can comprehend the past and the future. They are both just illusions that can manipulate you into thinking theres some kind of change.
- There is nothing so stable as change.
- I change during the course of a day. I wake and I'm one person, and when I go to sleep I know for certain I'm somebody else.
Comments about Bob Dylan
- Pomonadez: bob neuwirth, folk singer-songwriter who had profound impact on bob dylan, dead at 82
- Dylanradio: now playing on
- Freewooly: 'like a rolling stone' by bob dylan...
- Frankdpi: needed to hear this tonight my back pages (bob dylan, roger mcguinn, tom petty, neil young, eric cla...
- Trysreddick: bob dylan - visions of johanna