Who is Bette DavisRuth Elizabeth "Bette" Davis (April 5, 1908 – October 6, 1989) was an American actress with a career spanning more than 50 years and 100 acting credits. She was noted for playing unsympathetic, sardonic characters, and was famous for her performances in a range of film genres, from contemporary crime melodramas to historical films, suspense horror, and occasional comedies, although her greater successes were in romantic dramas. A recipient of two Academy Awards, she was the first thespian to accrue ten nominations.
After appearing on Broadway in New York, the 22-year old Davis moved to Hollywood in 1930. After some unsuccessful films, she had her critical breakthrough playing a vulgar waitress in Of Human Bondage (1934) although, contentiously, she was not among the t...
Read Full Biography
Bette Davis Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Bette Davis
Bette Davis Quotes
- Old age is no place for sissies.
- The best time I ever had with Joan Crawford was when I pushed her down the stairs in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
- I do not regret one professional enemy I have made. Any actor who doesn't dare to make an enemy should get out of the business.
- In this business, until you're known as a monster you're not a star.
- I've lost my faith in science.
Comments about Bette Davis
- Davyjxnes: she got bette davis eyes.
- Loaanou: she’s got bette davis eyes. a moment that is most pleasing to me in my life.
- Caoh110291: bette davis
- Quotes1book: when a man gives his opinion, he's a man. when a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch - bette davis
- Vasilerotariu4: bette davis