Who is Bernard O'dowd...
Read Full Biography
Bernard O'dowd Poems
Enlaced with gardened jewelry
My basking villas nest
Where sifted sunshine soothes the eye
And cosy hillocks rest. ...
- May Day
Come Jack, our place is with the ruck
On the open road today,
Not with the tepid "footpath sneak"
Or with the wise who stop away. ...
- Auster Rampant!
A larger Argo ploughs our clearer blue!
Your Zephyr won no such auroral bride
As her I woo! The South is whence the tide
Springs downhill to refresh the North and you! ...
- The Bush
I wonder if the spell, the mystery,
That like a haze about your silence clings,
Moulding your void until we seem to see
Tangible Presences of Deathless Things, ...
- Our Duty
Yet what were Love if man remains unfree,
And woman's sunshine sordid merchandise:
If children's Hope is blasted ere they see
Its shoots of youth from out the branchlets rise: ...
Top 10 most used topics by Bernard O'dowdGod 15 Love 11 I Love You 11 Song 8 Time 8 Life 7 World 6 Never 6 Hope 6 Earth 6
Bernard O'dowd Quotes
Comments about Bernard O'dowd
- Book_addict: happy birthday to australian writer/poet/journalist bernard o'dowd (april 11,1866), author of "the silent land” (1906) et al.
- Ngvthing: bernard o'dowd 1924 john shirlow
- Rcbot19: elizabeth o'dowd of lineage which, the support, by his vigil of bernard kiernan's licensed premises of meteoric showers about
- Harrywatson63: today is australia day so what better poem than 'australia' by bernard o’dowd last sea-thing dredged by sailor time from space, are you a drift sargasso, where the west in halcyon calm rebuilds her fatal nest? or delos of a coming sun-god’s race?
- Thesedayskids: you kids these days and your bernard o'dowd, and your iowa township, iowa county, iowa