Who is Banjo PatersonThe Gladesville cottage Rockend, where Paterson lived in the 1870s and 1880s Andrew Barton "Banjo" Paterson, CBE (17 February 1864 – 5 February 1941) was an Australian bush poet, journalist and author. He wrote many ballads and poems about Australian life, focusing particularly on the rural and outback areas, including the district around Binalong, New South Wales, where he...
Read Full Biography
Banjo Paterson Poems
- Morgan's Dog
Morgan the drover explained,
As he drank from his battered quart-pot,
Many a slut I have trained;
This is the best of the lot. ...
- Bourke's Dream
Lonely and sadly one night in November
I laid down my weary head in search of repose
On my wallet of straw, which I long shall remember,
Tired and weary I fell into a doze. ...
- Hay And Hell And Booligal
"You come and see me, boys," he said;
"You'll find a welcome and a bed
And whisky any time you call;
Although our township hasn't got ...
- Another Fall Of Rain
The weather had been sultry for a fortnight's time or more,
And the shearers had been driving might and main,
For some had got the century who'd ne'er got it before,
And now all hands were wishing for the rain. ...
- Now Listen To Me And I'll Tell You My Views
Now listen to me and I'll tell you my views concerning the African war,
And the man who upholds any different views, the same is a ritten Pro-Boer!
(Though I'm getting a little bit doubtful myself, as it drags on week after week:
But it's better not ask any questions at all -- let us silence all doubts with a shriek!) ...
Top 10 most used topics by Banjo PatersonNever 120 Away 101 Night 87 Good 84 Long 79 Time 76 Great 68 Home 66 Head 62 Town 62
Banjo Paterson Quotes
Comments about Banjo Paterson
- Funkykidsradio: - 06 mulga bill's bicycle (banjo paterson)
- Pdsongbot: waltzing matilda music: christina macpherson, 1895 lyrics: banjo paterson, 1895
- Parrahistory: national library finds 120-year-old chocolates commissioned by queen victoria and owned by banjo paterson
- Bntzyn: national library finds 120-year-old chocolates commissioned by queen victoria and owned by banjo paterson
- Cwd_orange: celebrate bush poetry at the banjo paterson festival
Write your comment about Banjo Paterson
peter crosby: introduced me to Australian poetry for which I aim forever thankful first Clancy and then The Man from Snowy River