Who is B H Fairchild(Redirected from B H Fairchild)
B.H. Fairchild (born 1942) is an American poet and former college professor. His most recent book is The Blue Buick (W.W. Norton, 2014), and his poems have appeared in literary journals and magazines including The New Yorker, The Paris Review, The Southern Review, Poetry, TriQuarterly, The Hudson Review, Salmagundi, The Sewanee Review. His third poetry collection, The Art of the Lathe, winner of the 1997 Beatrice Hawley Award (Alice James Books, 1998), brought Fairchild's work to national prominence, garnering him a large number of awards and fellowships including the William Carlos Williams Award, Kingsley Tufts Poetry Award, California Book Award, Natalie Ornish Poetry Award, PEN C...
Read Full Biography
B H Fairchild Poems
Elliot Ray Neiderland, home from college
one winter, hauling a load of Herefords
from Hogtown to Guymon with a pint of
Ezra Brooks and a copy of Rilkeâ??s Duineser ...
- The Problem
The name of the bow is life, but its work is death.
â??The Fragments ...
- Motion Sickness
I am tired of the heave and swell,
the deep lunge in the belly, the gut's
dumb show of dance and counterdance,
sway and pause, the pure jig of nausea ...
"Gesang ist Dasein"
A small thing done well, the steel bit paring
the cut end of the collar, lifting delicate ...
Outside my window the wasps
are making their slow circle,
dizzy flights of forage and return,
hovering among azaleas...
Top 10 most used topics by B H FairchildWorld 5 White 5 Great 5 Life 5 Blue 5 Night 5 Iron 4 Death 4 Black 4 Body 4
B H Fairchild Quotes
Comments about B H Fairchild
- Image_journal: "she has lived / six years on planet earth, and like other / children of the storm has been advised, the horse will bring you home."—b.h. fairchild, "my mother, on horseback, in a blizzard," issue 112
- New_letters: today we give you “allegory” by b.h. fairchild. you can read the rest of this poem and more of fairchild’s work in new letters here:
- Sirjoshbennett: the sky runs into the sea that turns in its troubled sleep, dreaming its long gray dream. white stars stand on the lawn. we move on the edges of speech. —b.h. fairchild
- Image_journal: "i went out to my car and brought back my old, / frayed road map of kansas, and she followed / the unfolding as if it in itself were a miracle" read "often the dying ask for a map" by b.h. fairchild in issue 112.
- Thegreatiandi: in the spirit of b.h.m, let me introduce you to the " father of the videogame cartridge ", jerry lawson. jerry was the lead engineer on the team that pioneered video game cartridge... he also designed ( along with nick talesfore ) the fairchild channel f console.