Who is Anton ChekhovAnton Pavlovich Chekhov (Russian: Антон Павлович Чехов, IPA: [ɐnˈton ˈpavləvʲɪtɕ ˈtɕexəf]; 29 January 1860 – 15 July 1904) was a Russian playwright and short-story writer who is considered to be one of the greatest writers of all time. His career as a playwright produced four classics, and his best short stories are held in high esteem by writers and critics. Along with Henrik Ibsen and August Strindberg, Chekhov is often referred to as one of the three seminal figures in the birth of early modernism in the theatre. Chekhov was a physician by profession. "Medicine is my lawful wife", he once said, "and literature is my mistress."Chekhov renounced the theatre after the reception of The Seagull in 1896, but the play was revived to acclaim in 1898 by Konstantin S...
Read Full Biography of Anton Chekhov
Anton Chekhov Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Anton Chekhov
Anton Chekhov Quotes
- We learn about life not from plusses alone, but from minuses as well.
- There is nothing new in art except talent.
- The wealthy are always surrounded by hangers-on science and art are as well.
- No matter how corrupt and unjust a convict may be, he loves fairness more than anything else. If the people placed over him are unfair, from year to year he lapses into an embittered state characterized by an extreme lack of faith.
- When you're thirsty and it seems that you could drink the entire ocean that's faith when you start to drink and finish only a glass or two that's science.
Comments about Anton ChekhovHumannature48: “man will only become better when you make him see what he is like. —anton chekhov” get the book:
La_gitane_13: “everything should be first-rate in a person, his face, clothes, soul and thoughts.” ― anton chekhov
Thelonelyclowns: the lonely clown on the enlightened side of the moon. “don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” ― anton chekhov
_factcorebot: at the end of the seagull by anton chekhov, konstantin kills himself.
Ghostlyfearz: “if you ever have need of my life, come & take it.” — the seagull, anton chekhov
Read All Comments
Write your comment about Anton Chekhov
V MOHAN: REALLY FONDNESS PROMOTED TO HAVE GOOD SIGHT OVER HIS POEMS
Esmie : Loved his poems
Priti Shedame : I know he is a great writer. I love to read his writings.