Who is Alfred North WhiteheadAlfred North Whitehead OM FRS FBA (15 February 1861 – 30 December 1947) was an English mathematician and philosopher. He is best known as the defining figure of the philosophical school known as process philosophy, which today has found application to a wide variety of disciplines, including ecology, theology, education, physics, biology, economics, and psychology, among other areas.
In his early career Whitehead wrote primarily on mathematics, logic, and physics. His most notable work in these fields is the three-volume Principia Mathematica (1910–1913), which he wrote with former student Bertrand Russell. Principia Mathematica is considered one of the twentieth century's most important works in mathematical logic, and placed 23rd in a list of the top ...
Read Full Biography
Alfred North Whitehead Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Alfred North Whitehead
Alfred North Whitehead Quotes
- Wisdom alone is true ambition's aim, wisdom is the source of virtue and of fame obtained with labour, for mankind employed, and then, when most you share it, best enjoyed.
- Art attracts us only by what it reveals of our most secret self.
- Philosophy begins in wonder. And, at the end, when philosophic thought has done its best, the wonder remains.
- It is the business of the future to be dangerous and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its duties.
- The art of progress is to preserve order amid change and to preserve change amid order.
Comments about Alfred North Whitehead
- Cwester: "the art of progress is to preserve order amid change and to preserve change amid order." ~ alfred north whitehead
- _alhaji_el: “no one who achieves success does so without the help of others. – alfred north whitehead interact, expand your social circle, network, everything we desire in life in handed down to us through people.
- Varunnarayanan1: religion is the last refuge of human savagery. — alfred north whitehead
- Tpmquiz: alfred north whitehead was born in which year - 1861; 1871; 1881; or 1891?
- Tpmquiz: the british philosopher and mathematician, alfred north whitehead, was born in ramsgate, uk, in 1861.