Who is Aleksey Konstantinovich TolstoyCount Aleksey Konstantinovich Tolstoy, often referred to as A. K. Tolstoy (Russian: Алексе́й Константи́нович Толсто́й) (September 5 [O.S. August 24] 1817 – October 10 [O.S. September 28] 1875), was a Russian poet, novelist and playwright, considered to be the most important nineteenth-century Russian historical dramatist, primarily on the strength of his dramatic trilogy The Death of Ivan the Terrible (1866), Tsar Fyodor Ioannovich (1868), and Tsar Boris (1870). He also gained fame for his satirical works, published under his own name (History of the Russian State from Gostomysl to Timashev, The Dream of Councillor Popov) and under the collaborational pen name of Kozma Prutkov. His fictional works include the novella The Family...
Read Full Biography
Aleksey Konstantinovich Tolstoy Poems
- My Little Almond Tree
My little almond tree
Is gay with gleaming bloom,
My heart unwillingly
Puts forth its buds of gloom. ...
Autumn 'tis! Our garden stands
Flowerless and bare,
Dizzy whirling yellow leaves
Fill the wind swept air. ...
- Love's Ebb And Flow
Believe me not, dear, when in hours of anguish
I say my love for thee exists no more.
At ebb of tide, think not the sea is faithless;
It will return with love unto the shore. ...
- Russia, O My Russia, Hail!
Russia, O my Russia, hail!
Steeds as tempests flying,
Howling of the distant wolves,
Eagles high, shrill crying! ...
- If Only I Had Known
If only I had known, had realised,
I would not have looked out of the window
as the dashing young man
rode along our street, ...
Top 10 most used topics by Aleksey Konstantinovich TolstoyI Love You 4 Love 4 Dear 3 Sea 3 Believe 3 Shore 3 Freedom 3 Mountain 2 Away 2 Red 2
Aleksey Konstantinovich Tolstoy Quotes
Comments about Aleksey Konstantinovich Tolstoy
- Russianartbot: portrait of the writer aleksey konstantinovich tolstoy, 1896
- Toiletguru: aleksey konstantinovich tolstoy, who died otd in 1875, was considered to be the most important 19th-century russian historical dramatist; he was the 2nd cousin of leo tolstoy
- Northtrenton: happy birthday to christophe leon louis juchault de lamoriciere (d. 1865), aleksey konstantinovich tolstoy (d. 1875), edmund kennedy (d. 1848), john wisden (d. 1884), goffredo mameli (d. 1849), lester allan pelton (d. 1908) and victorien sardou (d. 1908).
- Shinyhistgems: born on this day: russian poet, playwright and novelist aleksey konstantinovich tolstoy (1817-1875). he was also a second cousin of leo tolstoy
- Book_addict: happy birthday to russian writer/poet/playwright aleksey konstantinovich tolstoy (september 5,1817), author of "the vampire" (1841) et al.