Who is Aleister CrowleyAleister Crowley (; born Edward Alexander Crowley; 12 October 1875 – 1 December 1947) was an English occultist, ceremonial magician, poet, painter, novelist, and mountaineer. He founded the religion of Thelema, identifying himself as the prophet entrusted with guiding humanity into the Æon of Horus in the early 20th century. A prolific writer, he published widely over the course of his life.
Born to a wealthy family in Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, Crowley rejected his parents' fundamentalist Christian Plymouth Brethren faith to pursue an interest in Western esotericism. He was educated at Trinity College at the University of Cambridge, where he focused his attentions on mountaineering and poetry, resulting in several publications. Some biographers allege that here he was...
Read Full Biography of Aleister Crowley
Aleister Crowley Poems
- Hymn To Lucifer
Ware, nor of good nor ill, what aim hath act?
Without its climax, death, what savour hath
Life? an impeccable machine, exact
He paces an inane and pointless path...
- Hymn To Pan
Thrill with lissome lust of the light,
O man ! My man !
Come careering out of the night
Of Pan ! Io Pan ....
- The Pentagram
[Dedicated to George Raffalovich]
In the Years of the Primal Course, in the dawn of terrestrial...
- At Sea
As night hath stars, more rare than ships
In ocean, faint from pole to pole,
So all the wonder of her lips
Hints her innavigable soul....
- La Gitana
Your hair was full of roses in the dewfall as we danced,
The sorceress enchanting and the paladin entranced,
In the starlight as we wove us in a web of silk and steel
Immemorial as the marble in the halls of Boabdil, ...
Top 10 most used topics by Aleister CrowleyGod 28 Life 28 Love 26 I Love You 26 Heart 21 Earth 20 Soul 20 Night 20 Light 19 Death 18
Aleister Crowley Quotes
- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
- Existence, as we know it, is full of sorrow. To mention only one minor point every man is a condemned criminal, only he does not know the date of his execution. This is unpleasant for every man. Consequently every man does everything possible to postpone the date, and would sacrifice anything that he has if he could reverse the sentence. Practically all religions and all philosophies have started thus crudely, by promising their adherents some such reward as immortality. No religion has failed hitherto by not promising enough the present breaking up of all religions is due to the fact that people have asked to see the securities. Men have even renounced the important material advantages which a well-organized religion may confer upon a State, rather than acquiesce in fraud or falsehood, or even in any system which, if not proved guilty, is at least unable to demonstrate its innocence. Being more or less bankrupt, the best thing that we can do is to attack the problem afresh without preconceived ideas. Let us begin by doubting every statement. Let us find a way of subjecting every statement to the test of experiment. Is there any truth at all in the claims of various religions Let us examine the question.
- The essence of independence has been to think and act according to standards from within, not without. Inevitably anyone with an independent mind must become "one who resists or opposes authority or established conventions": a rebel. If enough people come to agree with, and follow, the Rebel, we now have a Devil. Until, of course, still more people agree. And then, finally, we have --- Greatness.
- The essence of independence has been to think and act according to standards from within, not without. Inevitably anyone with an independent mind must become "one who resists or opposes authority or established conventions": a rebel. If enough people come to agree with, and follow, the Rebel, we now have a Devil. Until, of course, still more people agree. And then, finally, we have ---Greatness.
- To read a newspaper is to refrain from reading something worthwhile. The first discipline of education must therefore be to refuse resolutely to feed the mind with canned chatter.
Comments about Aleister CrowleyJustingreenewa1: "the idea that secret wisdom can be explained by language is completely against the order that i represent"- aleister crowley
Gmacbeth: a fitting tribute to aleister crowley's bastard daughter.
Unknown55177949: if you know about marina abromovic and aleister crowley, u know this is about their magik
Adolfzuckeberg: (part 4) me simply just reading a bit of satanic books, occultist books, aleister crowley, and even quickly scrolling texts of these kinds without barely consciously reading them produces that weird sensation in me.
Cleannon28: 777 and other qabalistic writings of aleister crowley: including gematria & sepher sephiroth cklixj8
Read All Comments