Who is Alan Alexander MilneAlan Alexander Milne (/mɪln/; 18 January 1882 – 31 January 1956) was a British author, best known for his books about the teddy bear Winnie-the-Pooh and for various poems. Milne was a noted writer, primarily as a playwright, before the huge success of Pooh overshadowed all his previous work. Milne served in both World Wars, joining the British Army in World War I, and was a captain of the British Home Guard in World War II.
Contents Biography Alan Alexander Milne was born in Kilburn, London to parents John Vine Milne, who was born in Jamaica, and Sarah Marie Milne (née Heginbotham) and grew up at Henley House School,...
Read Full Biography
Alan Alexander Milne Poems
I never did, I never did,
I never did like "Now take care, dear!"
I never did, I never did,
I never did want "Hold-my-hand"; ...
- Wind On The Hill
No one can tell me,
Where the wind comes from,
Where the wind goes. ...
- The Dormouse And The Doctor
There once was a Dormouse who lived in a bed
Of delphiniums (blue) and geraniums (red),
And all the day long he'd a wonderful view
Of geraniums (red) and delphiniums (blue). ...
- Pinkle Purr
Tattoo was the mother of Pinkle Purr,
A little black nothing of feet and fur;
And by-and-by, when his eyes came through,
He saw his mother, the big Tattoo. ...
- At The Zoo
There are lions and roaring tigers,
and enormous camels and things,
There are biffalo-buffalo-bisons,
and a great big bear with wings. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Alan Alexander MilneNever 11 People 9 Head 8 Thought 7 Sun 7 Great 7 Wind 7 King 7 Dear 6 Brown 6
Alan Alexander Milne Quotes
- One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.
- If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus 1 day, so I never have to go through a day without you.
Comments about Alan Alexander Milne
- Superkva64: it really pains me to know that ppl mostly recognize the two winnie the poohs out there, that is the d!sney-owned franchise of the same name and the soviet three-episode cartoon, and completely ignore the original book by alan alexander milne, a book i used to love as a kid
- Atina721: "i've been looking everywhere you aren't, i just can't find the place you are. all i know is that you're where i'm not. but where am i? i wish you were here to tell me. maybe if i wish very, very much, would you be here? " alan alexander milne: pooh
- Max08312503: if you live to be a hundred, i want to live to be a hundred minus one day so i never have to live without you. alan alexander milne roar like rubina
- Alangeeke: "rivers know this: there is no hurry. we shall get ther some day." - alan alexander milne
- Vadim_novaev: promise me you’ll always remember: you’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. alan alexander milne