Who is Alan Alexander MilneAlan Alexander Milne (/mɪln/; 18 January 1882 – 31 January 1956) was a British author, best known for his books about the teddy bear Winnie-the-Pooh and for various poems. Milne was a noted writer, primarily as a playwright, before the huge success of Pooh overshadowed all his previous work. Milne served in both World Wars, joining the British Army in World War I, and was a captain of the British Home Guard in World War II.
Contents Biography Alan Alexander Milne was born in Kilburn, London to parents John Vine Milne, who was born in Jamaica, and Sarah Marie Milne (née Heginbotham) and grew up at Henley House School,...
Read Full Biography
Alan Alexander Milne Poems
I never did, I never did,
I never did like "Now take care, dear!"
I never did, I never did,
I never did want "Hold-my-hand"; ...
- Wind On The Hill
No one can tell me,
Where the wind comes from,
Where the wind goes. ...
- The Dormouse And The Doctor
There once was a Dormouse who lived in a bed
Of delphiniums (blue) and geraniums (red),
And all the day long he'd a wonderful view
Of geraniums (red) and delphiniums (blue). ...
- Pinkle Purr
Tattoo was the mother of Pinkle Purr,
A little black nothing of feet and fur;
And by-and-by, when his eyes came through,
He saw his mother, the big Tattoo. ...
- At The Zoo
There are lions and roaring tigers,
and enormous camels and things,
There are biffalo-buffalo-bisons,
and a great big bear with wings. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Alan Alexander MilneNever 11 People 9 Head 8 Thought 7 Sun 7 Great 7 Wind 7 King 7 Dear 6 Brown 6
Alan Alexander Milne Quotes
- One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.
- If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus 1 day, so I never have to go through a day without you.
Comments about Alan Alexander Milne
- Buckinghamroll: a.a. milne - "nobody could be more anxious than myself [...] that alan alexander milne should trip over a loose bootlace and break his bloody neck."
- Ildonaldotrumpo: buenas noches to every single one of the most amazing people in el worldo. remind that beautiful familia that you love them!!! i love you. “you’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” - alan alexander milne
- Dfwdallas: alan alexander milne was an english author, best known for his books about the teddy bear winnie-the-pooh and for various poems. milne was a noted writer, primarily as a playwright, before the huge success of pooh overshadowed all his previous work.
- Undreamed: i’ve always ♥️d the name alex to weird lengths. it was the name i wished i had. every alex i’ve met is sweet, solid & true blue. & then you throw in alex trebek those alex craft kits alan alexander milne alejandro by gaga etc it’s just a nice name
- Carmprice: “how lucky i am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” ~ alan alexander milne