Who is Alan Alexander MilneAlan Alexander Milne (/mɪln/; 18 January 1882 – 31 January 1956) was a British author, best known for his books about the teddy bear Winnie-the-Pooh and for various poems. Milne was a noted writer, primarily as a playwright, before the huge success of Pooh overshadowed all his previous work. Milne served in both World Wars, joining the British Army in World War I, and was a captain of the British Home Guard in World War II.
Contents Biography Alan Alexander Milne was born in Kilburn, London to parents John Vine Milne, who was born in Jamaica, and Sarah Marie Milne (née Heginbotham) and grew up at Henley House School,...
Read Full Biography
Alan Alexander Milne Poems
I never did, I never did,
I never did like "Now take care, dear!"
I never did, I never did,
I never did want "Hold-my-hand"; ...
- Wind On The Hill
No one can tell me,
Where the wind comes from,
Where the wind goes. ...
- The Dormouse And The Doctor
There once was a Dormouse who lived in a bed
Of delphiniums (blue) and geraniums (red),
And all the day long he'd a wonderful view
Of geraniums (red) and delphiniums (blue). ...
- Pinkle Purr
Tattoo was the mother of Pinkle Purr,
A little black nothing of feet and fur;
And by-and-by, when his eyes came through,
He saw his mother, the big Tattoo. ...
- At The Zoo
There are lions and roaring tigers,
and enormous camels and things,
There are biffalo-buffalo-bisons,
and a great big bear with wings. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Alan Alexander MilneNever 11 People 9 Head 8 Thought 7 Sun 7 Great 7 Wind 7 King 7 Dear 6 Brown 6
Alan Alexander Milne Quotes
- One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.
- If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus 1 day, so I never have to go through a day without you.
Comments about Alan Alexander Milne
- Pinsonlibrary: alan alexander milne aka aa milne was born on 01/18/1882. milne is the author of winnie-the-pooh. a work of fantasy for children, his stories remain grounded thanks to the sincerity of message about the value of friendship. capricorns are very serious about friendship & loyalty.
- Mostpooh: today is january 18, 2022 - on this day in pooh history, 1882: is the birthday of a.a. milne - alan alexander milne - author of winnie the pooh. i had the honor of touring his home at cotchford farms in the ashdown forest. being in the study where he…
- Dalston_boy: a.a.milne (alan alexander milne) born 18 january 1882 in kilburn london. died 1956 aged 74. best known as the author of the winnie-the-pooh books.
- Dorsetlibraries: born otd a. a. (alan alexander) milne (born january 18, 1882) – british children’s book author, playwright, novelist, poet – henceforth this day shall be known as winnie the pooh day!
- Aftabcalm: alan alexander milne, born on 18 jan 1882, is best known for his books about the teddy bear winnie-the-pooh. he served in both world wars for britain.