Who is Ada CambridgeAda Cambridge (21 November 1844 – 19 July 1926), later known as Ada Cross, was an English-born Australian writer. She wrote more than 25 works of fiction, three volumes of poetry and two autobiographical works. Many of her novels were serialised in Australian newspapers but never published in book form. While she was known to friends and family by her married name, Ada Cross, her newspaper readers knew her as A.C.. She later reverted to her maiden name, Ada Cambridge, and that is how she is known today.
Life Ada was born at St Germans, Norfolk, the second child of Thomasine and Henry Cambridge, a gentleman farmer. She was educated by governesses, an experience she abhorred. She wrote in a book of reminiscences: "I can truthfully affirm that I never learne...
Read Full Biography
Ada Cambridge Poems
- The Future Verdict
How will our unborn children scoff at us
In the good years to come,
The happier ears to come,
Because, like driven sheep, we yielded thus, ...
See those resplendent creatures, as they glide
O'er scarlet carpet, between footmen tall,
From sumptuous carriage to effulgent hall -
A dazzling vision in their pomp and pride! ...
- The Old Manor House
AN old house, crumbling half away, all barnacled and lichen-grown,
Of saddest, mellowest, softest grey,â??with a grand history of its ownâ??
Grand with the work and strife and tears of more than half a thousand years.
Awawe-worn boulder, with green sea-moss wrapping
A silken mantle o'er its jagged sides;
And silvery, seething waters softly lapping
Through gulfs and channels hollow'd by the tides: ...
- The Legend Of Lady Gertrude
Fallen the lofty halls, where vassal crowds
Drank in the dawn of Gertrude's natal day.
The dungeon roof an Alpine snow-wreath shrouds, ...
Top 10 most used topics by Ada CambridgeLife 70 I Love You 63 Love 63 Light 55 Night 50 Heart 49 Sweet 45 World 45 Soul 43 Face 43
Ada Cambridge Quotes
Comments about Ada Cambridge
- Hatobbi: jaman ken arok aja udah ada cambridge uni and like? that should tell you a lot kl indo 'ketinggalan'.. don't make me laugh
- Britishvogue: six weeks after kate middleton walked down the aisle at westminster abbey and became the duchess of cambridge, the newly instated royal showed us what to expect from her eveningwear going forward. one word: dazzling:
- Drharrythomas: i have a degree in immunology from cambridge, a medical degree from oxford, and a master's in public health from the london school of hygiene & tropical medicine… but "john52659143" on here just told me i know nothing about all three, so there's that.
- Kiestal: poem by ada cambridge.
- Pjso2o5: bisa unlock / unblur / download / unduh / akses jurnal niii cuma