Who is Yoko OnoYoko Ono ( OH-noh; Japanese: 小野 洋子, romanized: Ono Yōko, usually spelled in katakana オノ・ヨーコ; born February 18, 1933) is a Japanese multimedia artist, singer, songwriter, and peace activist. Her work also encompasses performance art and filmmaking.Ono grew up in Tokyo and moved to New York City in 1953 with her family. She became involved with New York City's downtown artists scene in the early 1960s, which included the Fluxus group, and became well known in 1969 when she married English musician John Lennon of the Beatles. The couple used their honeymoon as a stage for public protests against the Vietnam War. She and Lennon remained married until he was murdered in front of the couple's apartment building, the Dakota, on 8 December 1980. Together they had one son, Sean...
Read Full Biography of Yoko Ono
Yoko Ono Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Yoko Ono
Yoko Ono Quotes
- Being alone is very difficult.
- A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.
- A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is a reality.
- Experiencing sadness and anger can make you feel more creative, and by being creative, you can get beyond your pain or negativity.
- I realized that if my thoughts immediately affect my body, I should be careful about what I think. Now if I get angry, I ask myself why I feel that way. If I can find the source of my anger, I can turn that negative energy into something positive.
Comments about Yoko OnoChefdrradio: john lennon and yoko ono with the plastic ono band - instant karma - john lennon signature box
Plankton1975: is he doing a yoko ono impression?
Ericlindenmusic: it’s 2023 and people are still bagging on yoko ono constantly. she must have really struck a nerve with aome of you. every day i see several video clips posted she gets more airtime than pretty much indie musician out there.
Vintage_obscura: tchaï and merger -- every man has a woman who loves him [dubby french-u.k. reggae synthpop cover of yoko ono] (1982)
Chefdrradio: john lennon & yoko ono - days like these - signature box
Read All Comments