Who is Warren BuffettWarren Edward Buffett (/ˈbʌfɪt/;BUFF-itt born August 30, 1930) is an American investor, business tycoon, philanthropist, and the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. He is considered one of the most successful investors in the world and has a net worth of over US$85.6 billion as of December 2020, making him the world's fourth-wealthiest person.
Buffett was born in Omaha, Nebraska. He developed an interest in business and investing in his youth, eventually entering the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in 1947 before transferring to and graduating from the University of Nebraska at 19. He went on to graduate from Columbia Business School, where he molded his investment philosophy around the concept of value investing pioneered by Benjamin Graham...
Read Full Biography
Warren Buffett Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Warren Buffett
Warren Buffett Quotes
- Our favorite holding period is forever.
- In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield.
- The business schools reward difficult complex behavior more than simple behavior, but simple behavior is more effective.
- Your premium brand had better be delivering something special, or it's not going to get the business.
- When a management with a reputation for brilliance tackles a business with a reputation for bad economics, it is the reputation of the business that remains intact.
Comments about Warren Buffett
- Vocabulary20000: opine【oh pa'hyn】 (verb) "to express an opinion" warren buffett opined that risk comes from not knowing what you're doing.
- Wisdom_theory: when jeff bezos met warren buffett. — bezos: warren, your investing strategy is so simple. why doesn’t everyone just copy you? — buffett: because nobody wants to get rich slow.
- Ecombizsecrets: “if you don’t find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die.” - warren buffett
- Dmuthuk: ”if you are already rich, there is no upside to taking on a lot more risk, but there is disgrace on the downside.”-warren buffett
- Abhishekkar_: "wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing." — warren buffett