Who is Warren BuffettWarren Edward Buffett (/ˈbʌfɪt/;BUFF-itt born August 30, 1930) is an American investor, business tycoon, philanthropist, and the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. He is considered one of the most successful investors in the world and has a net worth of over US$85.6 billion as of December 2020, making him the world's fourth-wealthiest person.
Buffett was born in Omaha, Nebraska. He developed an interest in business and investing in his youth, eventually entering the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in 1947 before transferring to and graduating from the University of Nebraska at 19. He went on to graduate from Columbia Business School, where he molded his investment philosophy around the concept of value investing pioneered by Benjamin Graham...
Read Full Biography
Warren Buffett Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Warren Buffett
Warren Buffett Quotes
- Our favorite holding period is forever.
- In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield.
- The business schools reward difficult complex behavior more than simple behavior, but simple behavior is more effective.
- Your premium brand had better be delivering something special, or it's not going to get the business.
- When a management with a reputation for brilliance tackles a business with a reputation for bad economics, it is the reputation of the business that remains intact.
Comments about Warren Buffett
- The_brumby: 18. warren buffett “models tend to look impressive. too often, though, investors forget to examine the assumptions behind the models. beware of geeks bearing formulas” paging imperial college
- Restartedtrader: this view is not the product of either our advancing age or prosperity: our opinions about debt have remained constant." -- warren buffett
- Restartedtrader: "borrowed money has no place in the investor’s tool kit: anything can happen anytime in markets. and no advisor, economist, or tv commentator – and definitely not charlie nor i – can tell you when chaos will occur." -- warren buffett
- Luvisss_: i always knew i was going to be rich. i don't think i ever doubted it for a minute. warren buffett
- Stevedavismktg: warren buffett made a bold decision. the payoff was enormous