Who is Walter De La Mare
Walter de la MareWalter de la Mare in 1924
(photo by Lady Ottoline Morrell)BornWalter John de la Mare
(1873-04-25)25 April 1873
Charlton, Kent, England, UKDied22 June 1956(1956-06-22) (aged 83)
Twickenham, Middlesex, England, UK...
Read Full Biography
Walter De La Mare Poems
She had amid her ringlets bound
Green leaves to rival their dark hue;
How could such locks with beauty bound
Dry up their dew, ...
- The Vacant Day
As I did walk in meadows green
I heard the summer noon resound
With call of myriad things unseen
That leapt and crept upon the ground. ...
- Five Eyes
In Hans' old Mill his three black cats
Watch the bins for the thieving rats.
Whisker and claw, they crouch in the night,
Their five eyes smouldering green and bright: ...
- O Dear Me!
Here are crocuses, white, gold, grey!
'O dear me!' says Marjorie May;
Flat as a platter the blackberry blows:
'O dear me!' says Madeleine Rose; ...
Even she too dead! all languor on her brow,
All mute humanity's last simpleness, -
And yet the roses in her cheeks unfallen!
Can death haunt silence with a silver sound? ...
Top 10 most used topics by Walter De La MareSweet 99 Clear 74 Face 62 Cold 61 Bright 55 Earth 53 Deep 52 Small 50 Wild 46 Head 42
Walter De La Mare Quotes
Comments about Walter De La Mare
- Winterdamonbot: "why are you named winter?" "it’s a poem by walter de la mare," i tell him, but he’s probably not interested in hearing it. "my mom said the poem made a cold and bitter season seem pretty. you just have to look closer." he just stares out beyond the railing, looking thoughtful.
- Encryptedpod: coming this sunday... walter de la mare's "the riddle" on the encrypted podcast
- Itattum: walter de la mare’s poem about swifts seems a little inaccurate ornithologically but is still a living appreciation
- Welfordwrites: the children of stare, a poem by walter de la mare. this poem has an air of mystery and something sinister about it. click the link!
- Aladreth: "this way, and that, she peers, and sees silver fruit upon silver trees..." - walter de la mare