Who is Virginia WoolfAdeline Virginia Woolf (; née Stephen; 25 January 1882 – 28 March 1941) was an English writer, considered one of the most important modernist 20th-century authors and a pioneer in the use of stream of consciousness as a narrative device.
Woolf was born into an affluent household in South Kensington, London, the seventh child of Julia Prinsep Jackson and Leslie Stephen in a blended family of eight which included the modernist painter Vanessa Bell. She was home-schooled in English classics and Victoria...
Read Full Biography of Virginia Woolf
Virginia Woolf Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Virginia Woolf
Virginia Woolf Quotes
- The telephone, which interrupts the most serious conversations and cuts short the most weighty observations, has a romance of its own.
- I can only note that the past is beautiful because one never realises an emotion at the time. It expands later, and thus we don't have complete emotions about the present, only about the past.
- If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people.
- Mental fight means thinking against the current, not with it. It is our business to puncture gas bags and discover the seeds of truth.
- It is in our idleness, in our dreams, that the submerged truth sometimes comes to the top.
Comments about Virginia WoolfClairestrickett: is there anything more difficult to write than the titles of personal emails? virginia woolf didn't have to title her letters, why must i
So_contrary: "i feel so intensely the delights of shutting oneself up in a little world of one’s own, with pictures and music and everything beautiful […]" virginia woolf, the voyage out
Ariannoys: reading a virginia woolf book at the boygenius concert so julien baker wants me for how mysterious i am
Sabeenahmad1: and the poem , i think , is only your voice speaking . ~virginia woolf , the waves
Ethel_baraona: i was born on virginia woolf’s passing day.
Read All Comments