Who is Thomas AquinasThomas Aquinas, OP (; Italian: Tommaso d'Aquino, lit. 'Thomas of Aquino'; 1225 – 7 March 1274) was an Italian Dominican friar and priest, who was an immensely influential philosopher, theologian, and jurist in the tradition of scholasticism; he is known within the scholastic tradition as the Doctor Angelicus, the Doctor Communis, and the Doctor Universalis. The name Aquinas identifies his ancestral origins in the county of Aquino in present-day Lazio, Italy. Among other things, he was a prominent proponent of natural theology and the father of a school of thought (encompassing both theology and philosophy) known as Thomism. He argued that God is the source of both the light of natural reason and the light of faith. He has been described as "the most influential thinker of the medieval...
Read Full Biography of Thomas Aquinas
Thomas Aquinas Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Thomas Aquinas
Thomas Aquinas Quotes
- The knowledge of God is the cause of things. For the knowledge of God is to all creatures what the knowledge of the artificer is to things made by his art.
- The principal act of courage is to endure and withstand dangers doggedly rather than to attack them.
- If forgers and malefactors are put to death by the secular power, there is much more reason for excommunicating and even putting to death one convicted of heresy.
- To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.
- Faith has to do with things that are not seen and hope with things that are not at hand.
Comments about Thomas AquinasVenanalysis: "sanctions: a wrecking ball in a global economy" - highly recommended webinar coming up next week (december 10, 1 pm est). a panel full of leading activists and researchers to explain these us-led deadly policies. register here:
Erich94h: thinking theologically about the divine ideas: reexamining the summa of thomas aquinas (brill's studies in catholic theology, rogcz0q
Habsmangnl: st. thomas aquinas on st. nicholas being a model of mercy. we know that st. nicholas had love and showed compassion for the poor and didn’t seek recognition. this is a model for our lives. sanctae nicholas, ora pro nobis
Drpopculturebg: december 6, 1273: thomas aquinas is thought to have a mystical experience in naples, refuses to continue his work "i cannot, because all that i have written seems like straw to me."
Francesoliman: st. thomas aquinas, wait for us
Read All Comments