Who is Theodore RooseveltTheodore Roosevelt Jr. ( ROH-zə-velt; October 27, 1858 – January 6, 1919), often referred to as Teddy or by his initials, T. R., was an American politician, statesman, soldier, conservationist, naturalist, historian, and writer who served as the 26th president of the United States from 1901 to 1909. He previously served as the 25th vice president under President William McKinley from March to September 1901 and as the 33rd governor of New York from 1899 to 1900. Having assumed the presidency after McKinley's assassination, Roosevelt emerged as a leader of the Republican Party and became a driving force for anti-trust and Progressive policies.
A sickly child with debilitating asthma, he overcame his health problems as he grew by embracing a strenuous lifestyle. He integrated h...
Read Full Biography of Theodore Roosevelt
Theodore Roosevelt Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Theodore Roosevelt
Theodore Roosevelt Quotes
- Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young.
- The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead.
- In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.
- Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
- The best executive is one who has sense enough to pick good people to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.