Who is SocratesSocrates (; Greek: Σωκράτης; c. 470–399 BC) was a Greek philosopher from Athens who is credited as the founder of Western philosophy and among the first moral philosophers of the ethical tradition of thought. An enigmatic figure, Socrates authored no texts and is known mainly through the posthumous accounts of classical writers, particularly his students Plato and Xenophon. These accounts are written as dialogues, in which Socrates and his interlocutors examine a subject in the style of question and answer; they gave rise to the Socratic dialogue literary genre. Contradictory accounts of Socrates make a reconstruction of his philosophy nearly impossible, a situation known as the Socratic problem. Socrates was a polarizing figure in Athenian society. In 399 BC, he was accused of...
Read Full Biography of Socrates
Top 10 most used topics by Socrates
- Be slow to fall into friendship but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.
- Beauty is a short-lived tyranny.
- Beauty is the bait which with delight allures man to enlarge his kind.
- Our prayers should be for blessings in general, for God knows best what is good for us.
- He is a man of courage who does not run away, but remains at his post and fights against the enemy.
Comments about SocratesHamzaazeempk: “what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” ~ socrates
Socrates_modern: if art can heal, can it not hurt us too?
Heyarnoldallday: "erma gerna eatch ya!" -socrates (philosopher)
Hayeframa: i hosted my first show as an independent artist december last year..these angels graced my event and were all turnt...feeling blessed. who's coming for the second edition?
Sloveee101: some words of wisdom for ya! : 'be as you wish to seem' —socrates.
Read All Comments