Who is Shimon PeresShimon Peres (; Hebrew: שמעון פרס [ʃiˌmon ˈpeʁes] (listen); born Szymon Perski; 2 August 1923 – 28 September 2016) was an Israeli politician who served as the eighth prime minister of Israel from 1984 to 1986 and from 1995 to 1996 and as the ninth president of Israel from 2007 to 2014. He was a member of twelve cabinets and represented five political parties in a political career spanning 70 years. Peres was elected to the Knesset in November 1959 and except for a three-month-long interregnum in early 2006, served as a member of the Knesset continuously until he was elected president in 2007. Serving in the Knesset for 48 years (with the first uninterrupted stretch lasting more than 46 years), Peres is the longest serving member in the Knesset's history. At the time of his re...
Read Full Biography of Shimon Peres
Shimon Peres Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Shimon Peres
Shimon Peres Quotes
- What is wrong with the Iranians in addition to the nuclear bomb? This is the only country on Earth in the 21st century that has renewed imperialistic ambitions. They really want to become the hegemon of the Middle East in an age that gave up imperialism.
- The older generation had greater respect for land than science. But we live in an age when science, more than soil, has become the provider of growth and abundance. Living just on the land creates loneliness in an age of globality.
- You know who is against democracy in the Middle East? The husbands. They got used to their way of life. Now, the traditional way of life must change. Everybody must change. If you don't give equal rights to women, you can't progress.
- Bringing an end to the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians may help the young Arab generation to realise their aspirations. Israel is more than willing to offer our experience in building a modern economy in spite of limited resources to the whole region.
- I call on the Iranian people: it is not too late to replace the corrupt regime and return to your glorious Persian heritage, a heritage of culture and values and not of bombs and missiles... How can a nation allow a regime to instill fear, take away the people's freedom and shock the young generation that seeks its way out of the dictatorial Iran.
Comments about Shimon PeresDaark_web: ☢️nobel peace prizes are strictly reserved for the enemies of humanity. yousafzai malala, obama (drone king), ican, opcw, eu, jimmy carter, aung san su kyi (ronhingya genocide), shimon peres for killing palestinians greta thunberg, zalensky, joe biden are waiting for the award
Musician_as: ; ), <3 "the most important thing in life is to dare" shimon peres
Cyberalgo: “when i am speaking about american presidents, i have to speak about my very special relations with president clinton. he contributed more to peace than anybody else in the american sense.” —shimon peres
Nimkef: milchan, who is good friends with current israeli president shimon peres, said that he then helped israel obtain key nuclear equipment and information while peres built the dimona nuclear reactor as director-general of the ministry of defense
Gnuseibeh: days after netanyahu defeated shimon peres in the 1996 elections, peres told me of his dream to bring democracy and peace to the middle east. we now find out that netanyahu’s dream was to remove democracy and peace from israel and the middle east
Read All Comments