Who is Shimon PeresShimon Peres (; Hebrew: שמעון פרס [ʃiˌmon ˈpeʁes] (listen); born Szymon Perski; 2 August 1923 – 28 September 2016) was an Israeli politician who served as the eighth prime minister of Israel from 1984 to 1986 and from 1995 to 1996 and as the ninth president of Israel from 2007 to 2014. He was a member of twelve cabinets and represented five political parties in a political career spanning 70 years. Peres was elected to the Knesset in November 1959 and except for a three-month-long interregnum in early 2006, served as a member of the Knesset continuously until he was elected president in 2007. Serving in the Knesset for 48 years (with the first uninterrupted stretch lasting more than 46 years), Peres is the longest serving member in the Knesset's history. At the time of his re...
Read Full Biography of Shimon Peres
Shimon Peres Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Shimon Peres
Shimon Peres Quotes
- What is wrong with the Iranians in addition to the nuclear bomb? This is the only country on Earth in the 21st century that has renewed imperialistic ambitions. They really want to become the hegemon of the Middle East in an age that gave up imperialism.
- The older generation had greater respect for land than science. But we live in an age when science, more than soil, has become the provider of growth and abundance. Living just on the land creates loneliness in an age of globality.
- You know who is against democracy in the Middle East? The husbands. They got used to their way of life. Now, the traditional way of life must change. Everybody must change. If you don't give equal rights to women, you can't progress.
- Bringing an end to the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians may help the young Arab generation to realise their aspirations. Israel is more than willing to offer our experience in building a modern economy in spite of limited resources to the whole region.
- I call on the Iranian people: it is not too late to replace the corrupt regime and return to your glorious Persian heritage, a heritage of culture and values and not of bombs and missiles... How can a nation allow a regime to instill fear, take away the people's freedom and shock the young generation that seeks its way out of the dictatorial Iran.
Comments about Shimon PeresZoroaria11: carlos slim and shimon peres
Seamus_malek: actual conversation transcript between the then-israeli president shimon peres and seinfeld actor jason alexander when they met in jerusalem.
Zoroaria11: mr. carlos slim met with mr. shimon peres, president of israel. november 27, 2013. mexico city.
Zoroaria11: carlos slim, nobel peace prize laureate shimon peres, and summit host catherine b. reynolds in a discussion during the 2004 international achievement summit in chicago, illinois.
Zoroaria11: carlos slim: we want to invest more in israel the mexican billionaire told president shimon peres and a delegation of 80 israelis about his admiration for israeli technology.
Read All Comments