Who is Samuel RichardsonSamuel Richardson (baptised 19 August 1689 – 4 July 1761) was an English writer and printer best known for three epistolary novels: Pamela; or, Virtue Rewarded (1740), Clarissa: Or the History of a Young Lady (1748) and The History of Sir Charles Grandison (1753). He printed almost 500 works during his life, including journals and magazines, working periodically with the London bookseller Andrew Millar. Richardson had been apprenticed to a printer, whose daughter he eventually married. He lost her along with five sons, but remarried and had four daughters who reached adulthood, but no male heirs to continue the print shop. As it ran down, he wrote his first novel at the age of 51 and immediately joined the popular, admired writers of his day. Leading figures he knew included Sa...
Read Full Biography
Samuel Richardson Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Samuel Richardson
Samuel Richardson Quotes
- The difference in the education of men and women must give the former great advantages over the latter, even where geniuses are equal.
- If the education and studies of children were suited to their inclinations and capacities, many would be made useful members of society that otherwise would make no figure in it.
- Quantity in food is more to be regarded than quality. A full meal is a great enemy both to study and industry.
- Marriage is the highest state of friendship. If happy, it lessens our cares by dividing them, at the same time that it doubles our pleasures by mutual participation.
- As a child is indulged or checked in its early follies, a ground is generally laid for the happiness or misery of the future man.
Comments about Samuel Richardson
- Cushmanfdn: allogromia arnoldi n. sp.: distribution, phylogenetic placement, culture methods, and fine structure of a new monothalamid foraminiferan. susan goldstein, deniz altin ballero, elizabeth a. richardson, and samuel s. bowser . journal of foraminiferal research. v. 52, n. 3 (2022)
- Hiral_0007: love is not a volunteer thing.” – samuel richardson 2m ig posts of tejasswi
- Sakshi04993505: “love is not a volunteer thing.” – samuel richardson 2m ig posts of tejasswi
- Simonduring: had a dream in which i was writing a completely fascinating book on samuel richardson, one which would illuminate literary studies’ wreckage, and found myself, on the edge of waking, refusing the morning light…
- Nationwideradio: the jamaica badminton federation will be sending a strong four-member team to the commonwealth games in birmingham, england from july 28 to august 8. these players are tahlia richardson, katherine wynter, samuel ricketts and joel angus.