Who is Ronald ReaganRonald Wilson Reagan ( RAY-gən; February 6, 1911 – June 5, 2004) was an American politician who served as the 40th president of the United States from 1981 to 1989. A member of the Republican Party from 1962 onward, he served as the 33rd governor of California from 1967 to 1975 prior to his presidency, after having a career as a Hollywood actor and union leader.
Reagan was born in Tampico, Illinois. He graduated from Eureka College in 1932 and began to work as a radio sports commentator in Iowa. In 1937, Reagan moved to California, where he found work as an actor and appeared in several major productions. From 1947 to 1952, Reagan served as president of the Screen Actors Guild, during which time he worked to root out alleged communist influence within it. In the 1950s, he moved...
Read Full Biography of Ronald Reagan
Ronald Reagan Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Ronald Reagan
Ronald Reagan Quotes
- Thomas Jefferson once said, 'We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works.' And ever since he told me that, I stopped worrying.
- Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls topped by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders.
- The best minds are not in government. If any were, business would steal them away.
- Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don't interfere as long as the policy you've decided upon is being carried out.
- What we have found in this country, and maybe we're more aware of it now, is one problem that we've had, even in the best of times, and that is the people who are sleeping on the grates, the homeless, you might say, by choice.
Comments about Ronald ReaganRurallefty: "the kkk added violence; plessy legalized it . . . continued by strom thurmond, barry goldwater, and george wallace. it became the southern strategy . . . picked up by ronald reagan, continued by pat buchanan and george w. bush. donald trump . . . greedy elites to invest . . . ."
Gregorymelody: on quora: "john hinckley jr. shot ronald reagan. he originally planned to shoot jimmy carter but couldn’t find the opportunity so he went after ronald reagan. his motive wasn’t political, it was to impress jodie foster"
Davidcranmerun1: neutralized the shah as an ally. however, arrangements between the remaining powers continued on the same course. william casey, ronald reagan's campaign manager, succeeded turner as director of the cia. casey took personal responsibility for maintaining contacts with
Marketwatch: “the biden team had one of the best first term off-year elections in history,” former speaker of the house newt gingrich said. he also compared biden to ronald reagan and dwight eisenhower, noting how they were similarly underestimated.
Stylesarapan: when you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat. ronald reagan
Read All Comments