Who is Ronald ReaganRonald Wilson Reagan ( RAY-gən; February 6, 1911 – June 5, 2004) was an American politician who served as the 40th president of the United States from 1981 to 1989. A member of the Republican Party from 1962 onward, he served as the 33rd governor of California from 1967 to 1975 prior to his presidency, after having a career as a Hollywood actor and union leader.
Reagan was born in Tampico, Illinois. He graduated from Eureka College in 1932 and began to work as a radio sports commentator in Iowa. In 1937, Reagan moved to California, where he found work as an actor and appeared in several major productions. From 1947 to 1952, Reagan served as president of the Screen Actors Guild, during which time he worked to root out alleged communist influence within it. In the 1950s, he moved...
Read Full Biography of Ronald Reagan
Ronald Reagan Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Ronald Reagan
Ronald Reagan Quotes
- Thomas Jefferson once said, 'We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works.' And ever since he told me that, I stopped worrying.
- Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls topped by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders.
- The best minds are not in government. If any were, business would steal them away.
- Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don't interfere as long as the policy you've decided upon is being carried out.
- What we have found in this country, and maybe we're more aware of it now, is one problem that we've had, even in the best of times, and that is the people who are sleeping on the grates, the homeless, you might say, by choice.
Comments about Ronald ReaganJaytheshepard1: walking with ronald reagan in budapest hungary.
Geescottsr: my favorite subject in school was always history. let’s go to california in 1967 when the first major gun control law was signed. who was it signed by? well that’s gov. ronald reagan. hmm, can’t really put my finger on why though.
Doctorhenryct: ronald reagan opposed gun control until he was shot. ronald reagan opposed federal funding for alzheimer's research & when he was diagnosed nancy then favored it. democrats don't wait until they are effected. if anyone can benefit, they do it. republicans are greedy ghouls.
Ronaldreagan: “the republican party must go forward, not backward.” – ronald reagan
Esqueer_: it's beyond hypocrisy and exposes that the support for the 2nd amendment has always been conditional and based on preserving white supremacy. when black panthers started protesting while armed, ronald reagan and the nra pushed gun control.
Read All Comments