Who is Richard M. NixonRichard Milhous Nixon (January 9, 1913 – April 22, 1994) was the 37th president of the United States, serving from 1969 to 1974. A member of the Republican Party, he previously served as a representative and senator from California and was the 36th vice president from 1953 to 1961 under President Dwight D. Eisenhower. His five years in the White House saw reduction of U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War, détente with the Soviet Union and China, the first manned Moon landings, and the establishment of the Environmental Protection Agency and Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Nixon's second term ended early, when he became the only president to resign from office, following the Watergate scandal.
Nixon was born into a poor family of Quakers in a small town in Southern...
Read Full Biography of Richard M. Nixon
Richard M. Nixon Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Richard M. Nixon
Richard M. Nixon Quotes
- In the television age, the key distinction is between the candidate who can speak poetry and the one who can only speak prose.
- Don't get the impression that you arouse my anger. You see, one can only be angry with those he respects.
- You must never be satisfied with losing. You must get angry, terribly angry, about losing. But the mark of the good loser is that he takes his anger out on himself and not his victorious opponents or on his teammates.
- What starts the process, really, are laughs and slights and snubs when you are a kid. If your anger is deep enough and strong enough, you learn that you can change those attitudes by excellence, personal gut performance.
- Remember, always give your best. Never get discouraged. Never be petty. Always remember, others may hate you. But those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Comments about Richard M. NixonLuna9841: don't try to take on a new personality; it doesn't work. - richard m. nixon, ruling diva priyanka
Mongoose115: from july 12, 2016 because donald trump does not have an original thought in his "great" brain he is now channeling richard nixon's 1968 presidential campaign!! he is now the only "law and order" candidate!! how well did that work for richard nixon??
History_takes: it's absolutely disgusting, but the premiership of arthur meighen was seemingly gross for richard m. nixon
Juanwitt: decisions are made by people who have time, not people who have talent. - scott adams only if you have been in the deepest valley, can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain. - richard m. nixon
Davidcranmerun1: charles j. kersten had taken the newly elected richard m. nixon on several trips to baltimore to meet with cronin. at that time, cronin shared with nixon his 1945 privately circulated paper "the problem of american communism in 1945", with much information from the fbi's
Read All Comments