Who is Orson WellesGeorge Orson Welles (May 6, 1915 – October 10, 1985) was an American director, actor, screenwriter, and producer who is remembered for his innovative work in radio, theatre and film. He is considered to be among the greatest and most influential filmmakers of all time.While in his 20s, Welles directed high-profile stage productions for the Federal Theatre Project, including an adaptation of Macbeth with an entirely African American cast and the political musical The Cradle Will Rock. In 1937, he and John Houseman founded the Mercury Theatre, an independent repertory theatre company that presented a series of productions on Broadway through 1941, including Caesar (1937), an adaptation of William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.
In 1938, his radio anthology series The Mercury Theatre ...
Read Full Biography of Orson Welles
Orson Welles Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Orson Welles
Orson Welles Quotes
- The enemy of society is middle class and the enemy of life is middle age.
- We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
- The enemy of art is the absence of limitations.
- The best thing commercially, which is the worst artistically, by and large, is the most successful.
- If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girlfriends.
Comments about Orson WellesScozzarifrank: style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn. —orson welles—
Elon_maskkk: sam smith is the orson welles of his generation… the fattest.
Mikemashon: it was aired as part of a series called the silent years hosted by orson welles and not only did i fall in puppy love with lillian gish, i was entranced by silent films and wanted to know more. so mom took me to the library.
Mesmerized2021: orson welles in is paris burning? (1966)
Rfn_david: 17. the third man apart from orson welles, this was incredibly disappointing and predictable. main character bordering on annoying.
Read All Comments