Who is Orson WellesGeorge Orson Welles (May 6, 1915 – October 10, 1985) was an American actor, director, writer and producer who is remembered for his innovative work in radio, theatre and film. He is considered one of the greatest filmmakers of all time.
While in his twenties Welles directed high-profile stage productions for the Federal Theatre Project, including an adaptation of Macbeth with an entirely African American cast and the political musical The Cradle Will Rock. In 1937, he and John Houseman founded the Mercury Theatre, an independent repertory theatre company that presented a series of productions on Broadway through 1941, including Caesar (1937), a Broadway adaptation of William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.
In 1938, his radio anthology series The Mercury Th...
Read Full Biography
Orson Welles Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Orson Welles
Orson Welles Quotes
- The enemy of society is middle class and the enemy of life is middle age.
- We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
- The enemy of art is the absence of limitations.
- The best thing commercially, which is the worst artistically, by and large, is the most successful.
- If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girlfriends.
Comments about Orson Welles
- Tholzerman: orson welles is cheating, so jimmy stewart
- Panasonicdx4500: there are many good answers but orson welles is the correct one
- Skylinex13: it's super obvious but of course it's orson welles
- Alliapplebum: orson welles
- Arcanecrystal: if orson welles met me he would say some shit like "good day to you"