Who is Orson WellesGeorge Orson Welles (May 6, 1915 – October 10, 1985) was an American director, actor, screenwriter, and producer who is remembered for his innovative work in radio, theatre and film. He is considered to be among the greatest and most influential filmmakers of all time.While in his 20s, Welles directed high-profile stage productions for the Federal Theatre Project, including an adaptation of Macbeth with an entirely African American cast and the political musical The Cradle Will Rock. In 1937, he and John Houseman founded the Mercury Theatre, an independent repertory theatre company that presented a series of productions on Broadway through 1941, including Caesar (1937), an adaptation of William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.
In 1938, his radio anthology series The Mercury Theatre ...
Read Full Biography of Orson Welles
Orson Welles Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Orson Welles
Orson Welles Quotes
- The enemy of society is middle class and the enemy of life is middle age.
- We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
- The enemy of art is the absence of limitations.
- The best thing commercially, which is the worst artistically, by and large, is the most successful.
- If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girlfriends.
Comments about Orson WellesY_akopov: haven't seen that orson welles' character before.
_aodhant: everyone fooled by the ai pope image are exactly like the people fooled by orson welles' war of the worlds radio broadcast
Qikipedia: i hate television. i hate it as much as peanuts. but i can’t stop eating peanuts. - orson welles
Lottounpack: orson welles is one of the most alluring conversationalists to ever live i believe, completely captivating just watching him speak. this is about when he met hitler
Turambar112: i'm just a fatboy with no swag in an orson welles world
Read All Comments