Who is Oprah WinfreyOprah Gail Winfrey (born Orpah Gail Winfrey; January 29, 1954) is an American talk show host, television producer, actress, author, and philanthropist. She is best known for her talk show, The Oprah Winfrey Show, broadcast from Chicago, which was the highest-rated television program of its kind in history and ran in national syndication for 25 years from 1986 to 2011. Dubbed the "Queen of All Media", she was the richest African American of the 20th century and North America's first black multi-billionaire, and she has been ranked the greatest black philanthropist in American history. By 2007, she was sometimes ranked as the most influential woman in the world.
Winfrey was born into poverty in rural Mississippi to a single teenage mother and later raised in inner-city Mi...
Read Full Biography
Oprah Winfrey Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Oprah Winfrey
Oprah Winfrey Quotes
- I don't think of myself as a poor deprived ghetto girl who made good. I think of myself as somebody who from an early age knew I was responsible for myself, and I had to make good.
- Books were my pass to personal freedom. I learned to read at age three, and soon discovered there was a whole world to conquer that went beyond our farm in Mississippi.
- The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.
- As you become more clear about who you really are, you'll be better able to decide what is best for you - the first time around.
- Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.
Comments about Oprah Winfrey
- Bigwinonly9: if you look at what you have in life, you'll always have more. if you look at what you don't have in life, you'll never have enough. -oprah winfrey
- Skittlecostanza: bush babies is even better than oprah winfrey!!!
- Pratikfanalways: the more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” — oprah winfrey.. sher pratik will conquer kkk12
- Philip_d_conrad: living in the moment brings you a sense of reverence for all of life's blessings. (oprah winfrey)
- Beyondbandw: "be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. if you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." ~ oprah winfrey