Who is Mary Elizabeth Coleridge
Mary Elizabeth Coleridge Mary Elizabeth Coleridge (23 September 1861 – 25 August 1907) was a British novelist and poet who also wrote essays and reviews. She taught at the London Working Women's College for twelve years from 1895 to 1907. She wrote poetry under the pseudonym Anodos, taken from George MacDonald; other influences on her were Richard Watson Dixon and Christina Rossetti. Robert Bridges, the Poet Laureate, described her poems as 'wo...
Read Full Biography
Mary Elizabeth Coleridge Poems
Through the sunny garden
The humming bees are still;
The fir climbs the heather, ...
- The Deserted House
There's no smoke in the chimney,
And the rain beats on the floor;
There's no glass in the window,
There's no wood in the door; ...
- The Train
A green eye-and a red-in the dark.
Thunder-smoke-and a spark.
It is there-it is here-flashed by. ...
|WE were young, we were merry, we were very very wise,
And the door stood open at our feast,
When there passed us a woman with the West in her eyes,
And a man with his back to the East. ...
- Vale` - Egypt's Might Is Tumbled Down
Egypt's might is tumbled down
Down a-down the deeps of though;
Greece is fallen and Troy town,
Glorious Rome hath lost her crown, ...
Top 10 most used topics by Mary Elizabeth ColeridgeNever 10 Heart 8 Love 8 I Love You 8 Earth 7 Long 6 White 5 Away 5 True 5 World 4
Mary Elizabeth Coleridge Quotes
Comments about Mary Elizabeth Coleridge
- Lancaster_words: an eerie beginning to wednesday with mary elizabeth coleridge's the witches wood.
- Bars_digievents: this roundtable looks at how form impacted on and was knowingly used to express ideologies and politics in texts by lord byron, mary shelley, elizabeth inchbald, frances burney, and s.t. coleridge.
- Ofapurplewitch: - the witch,mary elizabeth coleridge.
- Das_fliederchen: mary elizabeth coleridge, the witch
- Lovecarousel: no more alone sleeping, no more alone waking, thy dreams divided, thy prayers in twain; - mary elizabeth coleridge