Who is Mark Akenside...
Read Full Biography
Mark Akenside Poems
- Whoe'er Thou Art Whose Pat In Summer Lies
Whoe'er thou art whose path in summer lies
Through yonder village, turn thee where the grove
Of branching oaks a rural palace old
Imbosoms. there dwells Albert, generous lord ...
- Ambition And Content
While yet the world was young, and men were few,
Nor lurking fraud, nor tyrant rapine knew,
In virtue rude, the gaudy arts they scorn'd,
Which, virtue lost, degenerate times adorn'd: ...
- Ode Ix(ii); At Study
Whither did my fancy stray?
By what magic drawn away
Have I left my studious theme?
From this philosophic page, ...
- To The Author Of Memoirs Of The House Of Brandenburgh
The men renown'd as chiefs of human race,
And born to lead in counsels or in arms,
Have seldom turn'd their feet from glory's chace
To dwell with books or court the Muse's charms. ...
- The Pleasures Of Imagination - The Second Book
When shall the laurel and the vocal string
Resume their honours? When shall we behold
The tuneful tongue, the Promethéan hand
Aspire to ancient praise? Alas! how faint, ...
Top 10 most used topics by Mark AkensideLove 64 I Love You 64 Mind 58 Heart 51 Power 47 Life 46 Divine 43 Tongue 43 Human 42 Heaven 40
Mark Akenside Quotes
Comments about Mark Akenside
- Irfana47433183: my cat is missing . she was last seen by akenside rode nw3 belsize area london. her name is jasmine and she is wearing pink colour collar. please reply to me if you have seen her . her picture is on my profile. i am devastated. please help me to find her.
- Plastic_bio: the man forget not, though in rags he lies,and know the mortal through a crown's disguise. - mark akenside
- Artsalamode: "different minds incline to different objects; one pursues the vast alone, the wonderful, the wild; another sighs for harmony and grace, and gentlest beauty." mark akenside
- Book_addict: happy birthday to english poet mark akenside (november 9, 1721), author of "hymn to the naiads" (1746) et al.
- Conbrunstrom: pleasures of imagination. happy birthday mark akenside