Who is Marilyn MonroeMarilyn Monroe (born Norma Jeane Mortenson; June 1, 1926 – August 4, 1962) was an American actress, singer, and model. Famous for playing comedic "blonde bombshell" characters, she became one of the most popular sex symbols of the 1950s and early 1960s, as well as an emblem of the era's sexual revolution. She was a top-billed actress for a decade, and her films grossed $200 million (equivalent to $2 billion in 2021) by the time of her death in 1962. Long after her death, Monroe remains a major icon of pop culture. In 1999, the American Film Institute ranked her sixth on their list of the greatest female screen legends from the Golden Age of Hollywood.
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Monroe spent most of her childhood in foster homes and an orphanage; she married at age sixteen. ...
Read Full Biography of Marilyn Monroe
Marilyn Monroe Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Marilyn Monroe
Marilyn Monroe Quotes
- Experts on romance say for a happy marriage there has to be more than a passionate love. For a lasting union, they insist, there must be a genuine liking for each other. Which, in my book, is a good definition for friendship.
- Men are so willing to respect anything that bores them.
- The truth is, I've never fooled anyone. I've let men sometimes fool themselves.
- The fact is that I find more most men are more open, more generous, and much more stimulating than the majority of females I know.
- Men who think that a woman's past love affairs lessen her love for them are usually stupid and weak.