Who is Lewis CarrollLewis Carroll Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (/ˈlʌtwɪdʒ ˈdɒdʒsən/; 27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898), better known by his pen name Lewis Carroll, was an English writer of world-famous children's fiction, notably Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and its sequel Through the Looking-Glass. He was noted for his facility at word play, logic, and fantasy. The poems Jabberwocky and The Hunting of the Snark are classif...
Read Full Biography
Lewis Carroll Poems
- Fit The Third - The Baker's Tale
They roused him with muffins,they roused him with ice,
They roused him with mustard and cress,
They roused him with jam and judicious advice,
They set him conundrums to guess. ...
- The Hunting Of The Snark
Fit the First
"Just the place for a Snark!" the Bellman cried, ...
- The Mad Hatter's Song
"it was at the great concert given by the Queen of Hearts, and I had to sing
`Twinkle, twinkle, little bat!
How I wonder what you're at!'You know the song, perhaps?" "I've heard something like it," said Alice. "It goes on, you know," the Hatter continued,
"in this way: ...
- Atalanta In Camden - Town
Ay, 'twas here, on this spot,
In that summer of yore,
Atalanta did not
Vote my presence a bore, ...
- Fit The Seventh - The Banker's Fate
They sought it with thimbles, they sought it with care;
They pursued it with forks and hope;
They threatened its life with a railway-share;
They charmed it with smiles and soap. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Lewis CarrollNever 39 Head 36 Life 32 Night 32 Hair 31 Time 25 Good 24 Face 23 Away 21 Answer 20
Lewis Carroll Quotes
- Everything has got a moral if you can only find it.
- For I do not believe God means us thus to divide life into two halves - to wear a grave face on Sunday, and to think it out-of-place to even so much as mention Him on a week-day. Do you think He cares to see only kneeling figures and to hear only tones of prayer - and that He does not also love to see the lambs leaping in the sunlight, and to hear the merry voices of the children, as they roll amoung the hay? Surely their innocent laughter is as sweet in His ears as the grandest anthem that ever rolled up from the "dim religious light" of some solemn cathedral?
- It is one of the great secrets of life that those things which are most worth doing, we do for others.
- Surely your gladness need not be the less for the thought that you will one day see a brighter dawn than this - when lovelier sights will meet your eyes than any waving trees or rippling waters - when angel-hands shall undraw your curtains, and sweeter tones than ever loving Mother breathed shall wake you to a new and glorious day - and when all the sadness, and the sin, that darkened life on this little earth, shall be forgotten like the dreams of a night that is past!
- Take care of the sense and the sounds will take care of themselves.
Comments about Lewis Carroll
- Maximillius001: idea: northern adaptation of the classic lewis carroll story. alice in sunderland.
- Ralphmandatrend: “it’s no use going back to yesterday, because i was a different person then.”― lewis carroll kumonect with ralph
- Asourlawis: "how long is forever? who ever really has it?" ~ the man from earth 'alice: "how long is forever? white rabbit: "sometimes, just one second."' ~ lewis carroll, alice in wonderland.
- Ssvruh: “it’s no use going back to yesterday, because i was a different person then.”― lewis carroll kumunday with kobie
- Feli_unomascero: "but, i nearly forgot, you must close your eyes otherwise you won't see anything." ~ lewis carroll