Who is Leonardo Da VinciLeonardo di ser Piero da Vinci (15 April 1452 – 2 May 1519) was an Italian polymath of the High Renaissance who was active as a painter, draughtsman, engineer, scientist, theorist, sculptor, and architect. While his fame initially rested on his achievements as a painter, he also became known for his notebooks, in which he made drawings and notes on a variety of subjects, including anatomy, astronomy, botany, cartography, painting, and paleontology. Leonardo is widely regarded to have been a genius who epitomized the Renaissance humanist ideal, and his collective works compose a contribution to later generations of artists matched only by that of his younger contemporary, Michelangelo.Born out of wedlock to a successful notary and a lower-class woman in, or near, Vinci, he was educated in...
Read Full Biography of Leonardo Da Vinci
Leonardo Da Vinci Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Leonardo Da Vinci
Leonardo Da Vinci Quotes
- Art is never finished, only abandoned.
- Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art.
- The human foot is a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art.
- I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.
- He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.
Comments about Leonardo Da VinciCnni: "old masters" such as leonardo da vinci, sandro botticelli and rembrandt may have used proteins, especially egg yolk, in their oil paintings, according to a new study.
Leiengineering: “civil engineering is a noble profession that should be pursued for the public good.” -leonardo da vinci, artist
Patriot_hammer: "he who does not punish evil, commands it to be done." - leonardo da vinci
Playleimagery: leonardo da vinci: the amboise connection was written to commemorate the 500th anniversary of leonardo da vinci’s death in amboise. available via
Alienintraining: scientists identify secret ingredient in leonardo da vinci paintings
Read All Comments