Who is Laurie LeeLaurence Edward Alan "Laurie" Lee, MBE (26 June 1914 – 13 May 1997) was an English poet, novelist and screenwriter, who was brought up in the small village of Slad in Gloucestershire.
His most famous work is the autobiographical trilogy Cider with Rosie (1959), As I Walked Out One Midsummer Morning (1969), and A Moment of War (1991). The first volume recounts his childhood in the Slad Valley. The second deals with his leaving home for London and his first visit to Spain in 1935, and the third with his return to Spain in December 1937 to join the Republican International Brigades.
Contents Early life and works...
Read Full Biography
Laurie Lee Poems
- April Rise
If ever I saw blessing in the air
I see it now in this still early day
Where lemon-green the vaporous morning drips
Wet sunlight on the powder of my eye. ...
The girl's far treble, muted to the heat,
calls like a fainting bird across the fields
to where her flock lies panting for her voice,
their black horns buried deep in marigolds. ...
Behold the applesâ?? rounded worlds:
juice-green of July rain,
the black polestar of flowers, the rind
mapped with its crimson stain. ...
- Town Owl
On eves of cold, when slow coal fires,
rooted in basements, burn and branch,
brushing with smoke the city air;
When quartered moons pale in the sky, ...
- The Long War For Peace Day
Less passionate the long war throws
its burning thorn about all men,
caught in one grief, we share one wound,
and cry one dialect of pain. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Laurie LeeGirl 3 Green 3 Black 3 Hunger 3 Cold 3 Earth 3 Grass 3 Grief 3 Star 2 Tree 2
Laurie Lee Quotes
Comments about Laurie Lee
- Pamkeithfl: morgan hurd konnor mcclain riley mccusker grace mccallum leanne wong jordan chiles sunisa lee shilese jones skye blakely kayla dicello and veterans training to come back laurie hernandez chellsie memmel mckayla skinner it’s an embarrassment of riches, to say the least. but
- Rcscribbler: i remember after di's funeral service, turning on r3 & 4 for programmes about sun ra and laurie lee, in their own way two of the most life affirming spirits you could wish for. the bbc cancelled them and ran the entire funeral service again. tin hats on folks.
- Lee_stovin: laurie you better take this serious , gangbang i have a heart - cheaper
- Lee_stovin: teardrops laurie
- Lee_stovin: tear drops laurie cheaper gangbang armour