Who is John SteinbeckJohn Ernst Steinbeck Jr. (; February 27, 1902 – December 20, 1968) was an American writer and the 1962 Nobel Prize in Literature winner "for his realistic and imaginative writings, combining as they do sympathetic humor and keen social perception." He has been called "a giant of American letters."During his writing career, he authored 33 books, with one book coauthored alongside Edward Ricketts, including 16 novels, six non-fiction books, and two collections of short stories. He is widely known for the comic novels Tortilla Flat (1935) and Cannery Row (1945), the multi-generation epic East of Eden (1952), and the novellas The Red Pony (1933) and Of Mice and Men (1937). The Pulitzer Prize–winning The Grapes of Wrath (1939) is considered Steinbeck's masterpiece and part of the American l...
Read Full Biography of John Steinbeck
John Steinbeck Poems
Top 10 most used topics by John Steinbeck
John Steinbeck Quotes
- A sad soul can kill quicker than a germ.
- It has always seemed strange to me... the things we admire in men, kindness and generosity, openness, honesty, understanding and feeling, are the concomitants of failure in our system. And those traits we detest, sharpness, greed, acquisitiveness, meanness, egotism and self-interest, are the traits of success. And while men admire the quality of the first they love the produce of the second.
- I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.
- Many a trip continues long after movement in time and space have ceased.
- Where does discontent start? You are warm enough, but you shiver. You are fed, yet hunger gnaws you. You have been loved, but your yearning wanders in new fields. And to prod all these there's time, the Bastard Time.
Comments about John SteinbeckW_tripsolution: “people don’t take trips, trips take people.” – john steinbeck
Allonfire: paddywax library collection john steinbeck scented soy wax candle, 6.5-ounce, smoked birch & amber
Johnmeddick: marked as to-read: travels with charley by john steinbeck
Rizacitak251: “i am impelled, not to squeak like a grateful and apologetic mouse, but to roar like a lion out of pride in my profession.” –john steinbeck
Dreamaccelerate: "genius is a little boy chasing a butterfly up a mountain." -john steinbeck-
Read All Comments